INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you are having mysterious Video issues when not using JRiver MC...  (Read 953 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I post this in case it helps someone - maybe even next year...

Lately, I had been having some stuttering issues when viewing video in programs outside of JRiver MC (such as on a Firefox page).

Meanwhile, my laptop died and I replaced it and in the course of setting up my personal preferences, I noticed that the Refresh Rate was wrong.  (This is an unrelated issue on my brand of laptop, where a Power profile lowers the refresh rate on Battery and never resets it properly when AC is restored.)

On a hunch, I checked my Home Theater PC and the Refresh Rate was 23 instead of 60.  (I have madVR do the refresh rate changing, but AFAIK both madVR and MC will restore the original refresh rate after playback is done.)

Immediately, I realized what had happened ... a few months back, I encountered a movie with subtitles where the subs caused MC to crash  (only that one movie, so I never reported it).  Since MC had crashed, then madVR never had a chance to restore the original refresh rate from 23 back to 60.

So, ever since, it had been at 23, making normal US standard 30fps and 60fps playback more difficult for the graphics system.

Morale of the story - check your screen's refresh rates every so often - especially if you have a video player crash...

Pages: [1]   Go Up