INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id restarts instead of updating  (Read 2086 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Id restarts instead of updating
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:53 am »

This is a continuation from my previous thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108858.0.html

But now we are at a different topic, I thought I should start a new thread in case somebody else had this problem.

Problem: I had updated the Id twice and neither time did MC progress beyond version 19.
The way I updated was by entering "12" into the interface menu and hitting return.
A (very) brief-lasting string of characters, possibly a url, appears. Then a few seconds later, the Id reboots.

I assumed that that was part of the updating procedure, but now I am pretty sure that something goes wrong and merely causes the Id to reboot without updating.

Within MC, if I go to "Check for updates", a message shows in the action window stating that there was an error searching for updates.

Any ideas what to try next?

bob

• Administrator
Re: Id restarts instead of updating
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:06:29 pm »

This is a continuation from my previous thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108858.0.html

But now we are at a different topic, I thought I should start a new thread in case somebody else had this problem.

Problem: I had updated the Id twice and neither time did MC progress beyond version 19.
The way I updated was by entering "12" into the interface menu and hitting return.
A (very) brief-lasting string of characters, possibly a url, appears. Then a few seconds later, the Id reboots.

I assumed that that was part of the updating procedure, but now I am pretty sure that something goes wrong and merely causes the Id to reboot without updating.

Within MC, if I go to "Check for updates", a message shows in the action window stating that there was an error searching for updates.

Any ideas what to try next?
In MC itself the "Check for Updates" function was non-functional and removed in 20.
If the Id has a good DNS and an connection to the internet without outbound filtering, I'm thinking that your Id is too far back to get the current update.
We tried to make that not happen but it's possible with a really early release.
You could try downloading and running the repair image. It has an option for saving your settings when it reinstalls the firmware.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.0.html
Use the first one linked (if you have MC 19 you are running on a NUC 2820)
The repair will get you close to current then the online update should run.

If you have material on the Id you don't want to lose, I'd suggest making a copy of that (and the library) as well before running the repair.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 03:13:52 pm »

Thanks, Bob. I followed the instructions above and in the linked thread. Things are much better already. Am on MC20 now, and so far no dropouts from the wired network!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:56:57 am »

Great, thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up