INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menu size in 4K??  (Read 1092 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Menu size in 4K??
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:02:25 pm »

Ive been trying to run JR in 4K and have menu problems.
I use JR with madvr feeding to my JVC X9000 projector and it all works a dream in 1080p.

Recently I decided I wanted to start testing in 4K but I just cant get the menus the correct size. The grid and everything is too small. Where normally I might have say 20 posters on the grid, now I may have 60! Ive fiddled with all the settings view>size etc etc but I just cant make it look like the 1080 size so I keep abandoning my tests

Does JR not work in 4K?

I have bought the new version when it was first released but still not using it. Im on the version just before the new one.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Menu size in 4K??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »

You can right click the Windows desktop, select Display Settings, and use the slider to change the scaling. Try 150%. However, JRiver still doesn't look right with some menu items remaining very small. No amount of fiddling I do with View > Size or Display Settings scaling seems to help.

With my JVC RS500 (X7000) projector, I leave my HTPC in 1080p. Then I go to Options > Video > Display Settings and set Display Settings automatic change mode to Custom. For 23.96 fps I set it to 3840x2160 - 32-bit @ 23 Hz. This keeps JRiver at 1080p mode for browsing, etc., and then switches to 4K just for the movie in Display View. Yes, you have to wait forever for the JVC projector to sync, but its okay when just watching a single movie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up