INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I refresh album art?  (Read 3404 times)

Ad Astra

• Recent member
Can I refresh album art?
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:30:45 am »

Hi

I used to use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs to WMA lossless and it adds a pretty low resolution album cover picture file. I have imported my WMA files and I am now wondering if it is possible to get MC to rescan my music collection and down load better art work to the same folder as the music files.

Any pointers on how to do this please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I refresh album art?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 01:47:09 pm »

Select a few files, right click, then cover art > remove.

Then right click > Cover Art > Get from Internet.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »

Hi

I used to use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs to WMA lossless and it adds a pretty low resolution album cover picture file. I have imported my WMA files and I am now wondering if it is possible to get MC to rescan my music collection and down load better art work to the same folder as the music files.

Any pointers on how to do this please?

I went through the same as you and till this day I'm still fixing album art. One thing I learned is to keep WMC away form your files or it will do it again!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:56:10 am »

Of all of the free and commercial ripping programs available, I wouldn't touch WMC.  Nor would I ever use any form of the WMA format.

Any time you tie yourself to Microsoft and it's proprietary formats, you're asking for MS to control at least part of your process.

Why not use MC to rip to FLAC?  Or EAC and rip to FLAC? Then you'll have complete control.

Brian.

Ad Astra

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:55:33 pm »

I have got cover art working OK, I even found artist art which is really nice.

I have found the option to save cover art to the folder containing the album as folder.jog. Is there a way to save artist art in the album folder too? I am not so keen on having imprtant files saved in the appdata folder.

I had a look at FLAC, does MC sync to an iPad? iTunes is able to read WMA and convert to mp3 on the fly as it syncs to my iPad. iTunes does not support FLAC as far as I know.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 03:58:18 pm »

You can set the Cover Art directory.  It's in options under File Locations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up