INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to replace music note symbol with cover art  (Read 3454 times)

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Unable to replace music note symbol with cover art
« on: January 14, 2017, 03:53:02 pm »

I'm a pretty new user. I've been ripping CD diskc. Sometimes, at the end of the process, in Audio - Albums, there will be only a music note symbol for cover art. I've tried copying (eg, from Amazon)/pasting the cover art, but I see no change. I've also made a copy of the cover art (again, from Amazon) into a file on a local hard disk, and updating the art for the album from the saved file. Again, no luck.

This -- no update -- happens with perhaps 1 CD disc in 12. There are plenty of times when I start with the music note symbol and do successfully update the cover art.

Any ideas?

Setup: JRiver Music Center 22.0.54 (still on 30-day trial); Windows 10 x64 with latest maintenance; ripped output to .flac files on a local hard disk. I mostly play the ripped content on a Classe CP-800 preamp connected to my home network (that is, DLNA). The albums with the music note symbol play as well as any other albums.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unable to replace music note symbol with cover art
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »

When you say there is no cover art, do you mean in MC?  Or on the device you're playing to with DLNA?

When you get the image, there is no need to save it on your drive.  You can just copy from the web page and paste in MC's cover art in the Tag.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »

There is no cover art shown in MC's Audio - Albums, in the right pane.

I tried saving the art to a file since when I have the problem of no covert art being shown, saving via copy and paste doesn't work. But, as I said, saving from a file doesn't work, either. Most times, if no cover art is shown, I can get the art displayed either by copying and pasting or by specifying a file into which I have saved.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 05:10:45 pm »

highlight all the album tracks in MC then right click and choose get from internet... if there is art available for the album it will show up there sometimes many and u can then choose the best size and quality for you needs. tell MC to save the art in tags.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108904.0.html
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 05:17:06 pm »

It's not clear if you are just copying files into directories, or if you are using MC's Cover Art menus. 

Please try MC's Cover Art menu system.  Right click on an album or a file and navigate to the Cover Art menu.  From there you can do "add from file", or "paste from url or clipboard", etc.

Brian.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »

highlight all the album tracks in MC then right click and choose get from internet... if there is art available for the album it will show up there sometimes many and u can then choose the best size and quality for you needs. tell MC to save the art in tags.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108904.0.html

I just did that. The desired cover art briefly (a few seconds) appeared under Albums, then disappeared and was replaced by the music note sign. I've seen that happen before in my travails.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »

It's not clear if you are just copying files into directories, or if you are using MC's Cover Art menus. 

Please try MC's Cover Art menu system.  Right click on an album or a file and navigate to the Cover Art menu.  From there you can do "add from file", or "paste from url or clipboard", etc.

Brian.

I am indeed using MC's Cover Art menu, eg, Add from file or Paste from clipboard.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 06:54:24 am »

I wonder if the cover art cache is corrupted.  Is there a safe way for Antognini to remove the cover art cache and let MC rebuild it?

Brian.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »

I finally got all the pieces of cover art. No one thing worked; I had to experiment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up