INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 22 with PS Audio Bridge 2  (Read 3124 times)

Johnney

• Recent member
MC 22 with PS Audio Bridge 2
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:36:02 am »

Before I used USB connection from Mac to PS Audio Directstream DAC, selected "PS Audio USB Audio 2.0 Output" under Tools\Options\Audio\Audio Device, I could play music from JRemote using my iPhone.

Now I just switched to Ethernet cable with PS Audio Bridge 2 Network Card, which option should I select from below?

Default [Core audio]
Built-in Output [Core audio]
PS Audio USB Audio 2 Output [Core audio]
Soundflower (2ch)
Soundflower (64ch)
Null Output

I could not play music directly from JRemote, need to open MC 22 and select "Bridge" from "Playing Now" menu, also unable to display album art to my DS screen, anyone could offer some guidance?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 22 with PS Audio Bridge 2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:52 am »

Since you have the PS Audio plugged in via ethernet, MC can only talk to it via DLNA.  So you need to select it in the Playing Now list, as you have described.  You might also want to change the DLNA parameters.  In particular, the default DLNA profile converts everything to MP3 before sending it to the DLNA renderer (your PS Audio device).

I personally would recommend that you go back to USB.  It's a superior experience in almost every way.  The only benefit that DLNA has, with MC, is distance from the computer can be larger by using ethernet/DLNA .

Brian.

Johnney

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:36:03 pm »

Hi Brian,

I have solved it by selecting zone "Bridge" from JRemote app, can playback music from iPhone to Bridge 2 and sound quality is better than USB.

Now I have encountered another issue, song information on PS audio screen was freeze on first song I playback and no cover art displayed after several trial, any advise to solve them?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:49:49 am »

Hi Brian,

I have solved it by selecting zone "Bridge" from JRemote app, can playback music from iPhone to Bridge 2 and sound quality is better than USB.

Now I have encountered another issue, song information on PS audio screen was freeze on first song I playback and no cover art displayed after several trial, any advise to solve them?
It might not support SetNext DLNA commands properly.
Right-click on the PS audio zone in MC and under DLNA controller options disable SetNext support.

Johnney

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:56:51 am »

It is solved because I forgot to install a SD card on bridgeII ;) Now I could see correct album info and cover art.

Could anyone share your setting for DSD streaming to yield best sound quality?
Pages: [1]   Go Up