INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Cover Art issue after editing metadata on client.  (Read 1371 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Theatre View Cover Art issue after editing metadata on client.
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:34:38 pm »

Ok so I have all of my video files on a server, and an MC client server setup. As per recommendations in other similiar threads, I have all of the files addressed only by a full network address. So both the server and clients only see files in the format \\server\movies\<filename>. Everything works fine, apart from one small issue with Cover Art. I can edit metadata on either the server (thru Remote Desktop) or the client, and subject to the usual library syncs, updates work fine. Typically I do maintenance on one client; I copy a video file to one of the server drives, and MC (on the server) will auto-import and do the usual stuff.

But if the filename is badly formatted such that the import process cannot pick up external metadata, MC (correctly) just puts the file in the library the best it can and generates a thumbnail for the cover art (or sometimes picks up data & image for a different movie with a similar name). All good so far....

I then spot the metadata problem, and go in to correct the problem manually. I'll use the Get Movie & TV Info option, edit the name and pull in the required metadata and cover art. If I do this on the server, everything works fine. But if I do it on a client, it appears to work normally but something odd happens to the image files used in Theater View.

At an individual file level the metadata and cover art image is correct. But when the title is shown in a Theater View list or menu screen, together with lots of other titles, the correct, downloaded cover art is ignored, and the incorrect original thumbnail or mismatched cover art still appears. This happens when looking at the file using Theater View either on a client, or on the server.  Outside Theater View, everything appears OK

I've looked elsewhere but can't see any reference to this other than a vague statement about there being "limitations" about editing metadata from a client.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Theatre View Cover Art issue after editing metadata on client.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:43:12 am »

Just a bump. Problem still persists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up