INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Switch between ROHD(madVR) and RO  (Read 1793 times)

Wasper

• Recent member
Auto Switch between ROHD(madVR) and RO
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:01:26 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm in love with MC, it so powerful and I can figure out all the work behind the interface.  It's true, it's complicated to reach the perfect setup for our needs.  But there is always a way to achieve our goal.  For this ultimate goal, I may need help from you guys.  I want to swithch between RO and ROHD in function of a file.  There is no way to achieve that yet? Right?  As, I'm having some video rotated(Not planning to bring them back to the right angle) and becaue madVR doesn't support well playback for them, I would like to switch to standard output on those.

I thought that changing the setting automatically through the registry might work.  I've set a plug-In that allow me to run some command while playback file is changing.  However, I wasn't able to find the appropriate registry for using RO instead or ROHQ.  Anyone knows where the switch key is stored on MC?

Strange question, I admit.

Regards,

Wasper

• Recent member
Re: Auto Switch between ROHD(madVR) and RO
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »

Oups, I got it using regshot to compare registry between before and after:

HKU\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 22\Zones\10005\Video Settings\DirectShow Mode (1 for ROHQ)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »

You can probably do that by setting up two different zones and using Zone Switch to change the zone automatically.

Wasper

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »

That's what I did at first but when I'm adding a file to playing now it switch zone at this moment and not when the file is playing.

For example, I have 3 videos files(I have setted the second video to use zone B).  I add all of them into playing now, first and third video will be added to zone A and played.  The second one will be added to playing now from Zone B. That's not what I want.

I would like to have all the three videos added to the current zone and using the zone setting only once the file is loaded for playing.

Maybe I miss something with my zone switch configuration.

But, I agree that zoneSwitch  would work with single file playing.

Regards,

Wasper

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:26:48 am »

Not that someone maybe care, but I was quite successful doing that.  Using plugin, on playing event I ask the database tag to verify if the video should be played in RO or ROHQ.  Then I look the registry to see if it's the value match my desire.  If not, I modify the value and restart playback.  Once it's playing with the good settings, I verify the next video in the playlist and I change the value, if needed, to avoid restarting the playback for the next video.  So, only, sometimes, the first video in the playlist will have to be restarted after the first second of play.  If ever someone has the same needs as me...

Damn I like this software!
Pages: [1]   Go Up