INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom field disappears from Show All Tags view  (Read 3195 times)

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Custom field disappears from Show All Tags view
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:35 pm »

I created a custom tag, which I called "Genre, Sub" with a data type of string. I started to employ the new tag. For example, for an album of classical piano music, I would make Genre = Classical and Genre, Sub = Piano.

After a while, however, this new tag disappeared from the Tag view when I was about to apply it to a newly ripped album. I discovered it is still available if I click Show All Tags in Current View. Note, since it may be important, that when I am doing the tagging, I do so from Albums, to which I previously had added the column Genre, Sub.

My system is Windows 10 x64, JRiver MC 22.0.54.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Custom field disappears from Show All Tags view
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

You can add a tag to any view.

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:26:49 am »

I think the default is to show the tags that are visible in the view you are in.

If you right-click inside the Tag Action Window you can select more fields to show (see attached image).

/fridden

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:54:51 pm »

You can add a tag to any view.

I want to add my custom tag Genre, Sub to the Artists view, but I'm not given the choice (see attachment).

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »

I want to add my custom tag Genre, Sub to the Artists view, but I'm not given the choice (see attachment).

I just created a new custom tag, Genre-Test, and it does show as available to be added to the Artists view.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »

To add a new Tag, you would go to "Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields" then select "Add a New Field".

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 01:44:57 pm »

To add a new Tag, you would go to "Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields" then select "Add a New Field".

I meant that I wanted to add an already created custom tag to the Audio-Artists view. Whilst in that view, I double-click on a random album to bring up the album's components, then right-click on the bar and get a drop-down list of available tags. But Genre, Sub (the custom tag) is not shown in the drop-down.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:33 pm »

I have a funny feeling that the name of your field is the problem.  The comma is probably making MC act strangely.  Just a guess.

You could try re-creating the field as "Genre Sub" , or "Genre (sub)", or Genre-Sub.  Any of those should work correctly.  Once you have a field working, it's very easy to copy the contents of your existing field over to the new field.

Brian.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 06:13:03 pm »

Yes, I too am beginning to feel that commas may cause problems. I created another customer tag, Genre-Sub, and so far I've not had a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up