INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums -- Sort Order  (Read 2499 times)

Zaro

• Recent member
Albums -- Sort Order
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:38:15 pm »

As a new user, my hats off to the folks that designed and support MC, brilliant media software.

Regarding Album listings; I have the rightside pane showing /Name/Duration/Album/Artist.
For the majority of my 455 albums the sort order is fine, however, for certain albums "Artist" show up out of order.
e.g., Fodder on my Wings by Nina Simone. Instead of it being listed with all of my other Nina Simone albums, instead it is listed in the middle of my albums starting with "S". This occurs with a few other albums -- land in places out of order. I have attempted renaming and other silly things but to no avail.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Zaro

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Albums -- Sort Order
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:51:39 pm »

Check the tags for Artist and Album Artist.

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:53:47 am »

Ok, checked the tags but I'm still puzzled;  One album in particular: Night Train/Oscar Peterson; tracks 2,3,4,7 show up as one album, tracks 1,5,6,8,9,10,11 show up as a second, both showing the proper album cover art. Check tags -- all indicate proper info. I download this twice from HDTracks; I had deleted everything from my computer before the second HDTracks download, but after downloaded a second time, opened MC and found the same situation exists -- album listed twice with tracks split up as already mentioned.

really puzzled.

Thank.
Zaro

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:23:40 pm »

Check Disc number on the tracks.  If they are different you will get different albums. 
Double check Album Artist.  Those are the two main culprits.

blgentry

!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 05:23:43 pm »

I believe [Album Artist] is what you need to concentrate on with these problem albums.  Your example album that has some tracks in one "album" and other track in another album probably has the [Album Artist] field set differently for the different groups of tracks.  Check [Album Artist].

Here's a link to the Wiki Article on Album Artist.

The sorting is *probably* the same thing.  I think the view you are using is sorted by [Album Artist] and not [Artist].  Find one of your strangely sorted albums and look at [Album Artist].

Good luck

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:29:54 pm »

Thanks to all  that provided input. I think I have enough to get me working on finding the problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up