INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play MC playlists on Android  (Read 4824 times)

Flying Lizard

How to play MC playlists on Android
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:43:32 pm »

On my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S7), how may I play playlists that I created in Media Center on my Windows PC? 

All of the same music files are already synced/stored on both devices (the PC and the phone).  My question is about the playlists themselves.  Is there an app I should install on my Android that would enable me to sync playlists across the 2 devices?  Is there some process I should use to accomplish this without a particular app?

If I plug my phone into my PC via USB and then access it via the "Drives & Devices" area in Media Center, I can access the device and I can save files to it etc. but I don't see any way to accomplish my goal of syncing playlists.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Flying Lizard

Re: How to play MC playlists on Android
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »

Wait...  please don't answer yet; I am now playing around with this further and I think I may have found a way to accomplish my goal, using the "Sync Handheld" feature in the lower left corner of the MC screen.  I just began a sync with settings to include playlists.  I hope and trust this will work, but it will take a few hours to be certain.  I'll update this thread once I have a result.  It's possible that I'll have answered my own question; we'll see...

Thanks

Flying Lizard

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:40:07 pm »

Unfortunately I'm still unable to figure this out.  I successfully synced the 2 devices but the playlists from MC don't appear anywhere on my Android device.  What do you suggest?

Thanks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:59:26 pm »

I always had trouble with syncing playlists to any device. It worked with Windows phone but took ages to synchronize the playlists (not the files themselves​).

For Android it never worked as perfect but if it does highly depends on the app you're using. There are some which can show MCs playlists (eg. JetAudio, which I bought) and some more that don't (VLC, Android standard player, edjing, Djay 2).

Flying Lizard

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:07:06 am »

Thanks for the recommendation, StFeder.  I installed JetAudio and it seems to be working well.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:41:46 pm »

Happy to see it's working for you now!

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:19:32 pm »

I've tested something like 12 to 15 music players for Android.  I don't recall which ones did or did not show MC's playlists.  But I would expect that most would, since you can have MC output M3U files, which are a very standard playlist format.  I'm currently using Rocket Player, which handles MC's playlists just fine.  It's also a very good player and it's play queue is quite a bit like Playing Now in MC.

Brian.

submeg

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 03:42:17 pm »

I've tested something like 12 to 15 music players for Android.  I don't recall which ones did or did not show MC's playlists.  But I would expect that most would, since you can have MC output M3U files, which are a very standard playlist format.  I'm currently using Rocket Player, which handles MC's playlists just fine.  It's also a very good player and it's play queue is quite a bit like Playing Now in MC.

Brian.

Does it also collect play counts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up