INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Treeview help!  (Read 1055 times)

Svempa

• Recent member
  • Hepp, how u doin?
Treeview help!
« on: July 20, 2003, 03:49:57 pm »

Hi!
Ive been working on a little problem a while now, and thought it would be easier to just ask someone who knows.

When i rip an album with 2 Cds, a 2CD album. I name the albums with CD1 and CD2 after the album title.
This results in having 2 album titles under the artist in the treewiev. and doesent look to nice.  
So i created a Libary Field named CD, and then i assigned the dubbel albums to CD1 and CD2.

so now it loks like this:
Artist/Album/CD

here comes the problem: The albums that arent dubbel albums u can still expand them and find the title <unassigned> under it...

is there any way to make albums that dont have any data in the CD Library Field (custom Field) to not show, so only the dubbel albums are expandeble!

its hard to explain, my english skills are not to great,  but i hope you understand!

nila

Re: Treewiev help!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 12:52:54 am »

I get you, ur english was fine.

Currently there is no way to apply   if(blah) do (blah) type logic which is what you want.

Your only real answer is to assign all the ones with only 1 cd to be:  CD1 so they at least then have something assigned

Or you could just instead of writing CD1 just write:  One CD.

Your other way of doing it is per view scheme - here you could set filter criteria so that only songs with 2 cd's show up in this view - but it would mean you would have to have a seperate view for two cd albums.

zevele10

Re: Treeview help!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:11:29 pm »

When riping or downloading a double cd, i change tracks numbers , to have all the tracks from 1 to  the last.

Do not know if this solution suit you...

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 02:30:27 pm »

Ive struggled with this issue too.  Some double+ albums belong together and I play together, others are different enough I want them separate.

So I've created a custom field called "Volume" and add a 1 or 2 or whatever to it for the volume number it is in the set.  This data is only so I can remember where the original separation was at.  Single albums have no entry.

For albums that will remain separate, I add CD1 or CD2 or somethingl like that to the album name to keep them separate in the tree.

For others, that I want combined, I have the album name the same for both and renumber the tracks so all the tracks play in the same order.

Not perfect, but the best I could come up with.

I end up combining most of my  multiple set albums so they look like a single album to MC.

nila

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 12:07:05 am »

One thing I just remember that I've seen.

Some people add the CD Number before the track numbers so that it looks like this:

CD1 Track 1 -> Track 11
CD1 Track 2 -> Track 12
CD1 Track 3 -> Track 13
CD1 Track 4 -> Track 14
CD1 Track 5 -> Track 15

CD2 Track 1 -> Track 21
CD2 Track 2 -> Track 22
CD2 Track 3 -> Track 23
CD2 Track 4 -> Track 24
CD2 Track 5 -> Track 25

Etc - that works pretty well - they're all ordered correctly, only have one album name and yet are easy to tell which ones are from cd two etc :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up