INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help diagnosing/verifying internet access.  (Read 2160 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Need help diagnosing/verifying internet access.
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:02:47 am »

I need help diagnosing accessibility to JR 22.0.54 on the MAC from the outside world. When I click on Tools->Options->Media Network->Access Key: xxxx->Test Connection to This Server. I get the message box attached to this post.

I thought the message was supposed to say something about "connection confirmed" or "JR is accessible via the internet" or something similar?  Does the message attached to this post mean the MAC is indeed accessible via the internet?

My Amazon Alexa Skill is no longer working with Media Center up to just a couple of days ago. I realize JR probably doesn't support the skill but I need to verify internet access to JR on the MAC before proceeding to troubleshoot further. Nothing has changed on the router or the MAC. I verified port 52199 is still being forwarded to the MAC computer's internal IP address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need help diagnosing/verifying internet access.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:18 pm »

When I do Media Network > Access Key > Test Connection to this server, I get a message telling me that my server is not reachable from the Internet.  Which is correct.  I'm not sure why you see something without an answer to that question.  I'm running MC 22.0.43 for Mac.

Brian.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:20:05 pm »

So apparently the message I attached to the post indicates the server IS accessible from the internet? It just doesn't explicitly say so.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

I'm not sure.  I'm not certain I've ever seen the "yes it's Internet accessible" message before.

As a side note, you might check your Mac firewall.  It's on by default and would block MC from being contacted on your local network or the Internet.

Brian.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:42:33 pm »

I'm not sure.  I'm not certain I've ever seen the "yes it's Internet accessible" message before.

As a side note, you might check your Mac firewall.  It's on by default and would block MC from being contacted on your local network or the Internet.

Brian.

The dialog just doesn't implicitly state something like "JR is confirmed accessible outside of your network." I guess you're just supposed to infer that from the message.  ::) Anyway, turns out the problem was with the Amazon Alexa servers which was fixed by them today. Pretty cool to be able to control JR via voice and the $49.00 Echo Dot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up