INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST Plugin / Math Audio Room EQ / Open Live / ASIO FAILURE  (Read 4091 times)

dpdemo

• Recent member
VST Plugin / Math Audio Room EQ / Open Live / ASIO FAILURE
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:46 am »

I am having problems getting MC20 to work with Math Audio Room EQ.

I have a Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Mic.  The Win 7 Sound control panel app hears audio from it.

I have installed the Math Audio Room EQ VST 32 dll in the correct location and has been installed in DSP Studio.  I can invoke the plugin

I go to Open Live and select ASIO4ALL.  'Asio' and 'opening...' shows on the screen.  it just sits there like that forever until I press Play.  Then, that gets replaced with a time counter (that never increments, it just stays at 0:00)

I go over to the Math Audio plugin and attempt to start the Room EQ measurement and nothing happens.

Most of the time, when I select Open Live, Windows Sound stops hearing the mic.  And, many times, when I press Stop on MC, the program hangs and exits.

This combination of tools simply does not work reliably; what's weird is that after a bunch of fiddling around the other night, I was able to make the measurement system work.  Now, not a chance.

I'm nearly 100% certain the fault lies somewhere in my MC20 setup or the USB mic (which will be replaced with a real, analog mic going into my audio interface)

i would very much appreciate your suggestions. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: VST Plugin / Math Audio Room EQ / Open Live / ASIO FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 11:24:04 am »

ASIO4All is a wrapper for Kernel Streaming, so you could just use Kernel Streaming.  Trying other outputs might tell you more.  DirectSound, WASAPI...

dpdemo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:27 pm »

ASIO4All is a wrapper for Kernel Streaming, so you could just use Kernel Streaming.  Trying other outputs might tell you more.  DirectSound, WASAPI...

Sorry - I'm not sure I understand.  It appears that I can't get INPUT to MC via the Open Live function.  I have to use different devices for input (mic) and output to get the measurement function to work.  Would you please elaborate?  Thanks

dpdemo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:02:44 pm »

I gave up and uninstalled ASIO4ALL and removed the Dayton Audio USB mic from the system.  Plugged a wireless mic I have into my Avid mBox and configured it so Windows would hear it.  Set the open Live input to use the Avid ASIO driver.  Playback audio device works with XMOS USB (ASIO, Direct  Sound, WASAPI all work) as does a Kernel Streaming to my HLA dspMusik.

Everything functions, but the wireless mic isn't something one would use for measurements.  Next step is to replace the UMM-6 with an analog output calibrated mic.  Meanwhile, I will probably borrow an Earthworks TC30 for the short term.

Any recommendations as to the playback protocol (ASIO, WASAPI, Direct Sound, Kernel Streaming)?

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:05 am »

yes, ASIO or WASAPI

Pages: [1]   Go Up