INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre Purchase Question  (Read 2063 times)

ddjj

• Recent member
Pre Purchase Question
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:36:53 pm »

My current setup:

Logitech Media Server (on Windows Home Server)>>>Logitech Squeezebox Touch>>>Benchmark DAC2>>>Emotiva XPA-2>>>Maggie 3.7 Speakers.

All music managed using JRiver Media Center.

My problem:  While the Touch is an awesome player, Logitech Media Server provides little in the way of playlist functionality, and the web interface is kind of clunky.

My Question:  If I replace the Touch with the ID, will I be able to use all of the playlist I already have put together in Media Center, and will the sound quality compete with the Touch?  Also, I assume I can control playback of the ID from my PC install of Media Center, AND from your web/Android app?  Finally, will replay gain tags work from the ID (or can the ID pass thru replay-adjusted digital music to the DAC2)?

If possible, please provide guidance between choosing the SONOS Connect versus the ID.  I would lean towards the ID because I love what you guys have done with Media Center, but want an honest comparison.

Thanks all!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pre Purchase Question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:25:47 pm »

The Id has a full version of JRiver Media Center, so you could connect to it the way you would between two copies of MC on Windows.  You could, in fact, try that if you have access to a second machine.

All of the MC remotes can be used with the Id.

ddjj

• Recent member
Re: Pre Purchase Question
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 08:54:07 pm »

The MC library is currently resident on PC1 on my network.  I have multiple PCs and multiple NAS servers on my network.  So, if I move the MC library to one of my NAS servers, adjusting the location of the music files using a "Find and Replace" search in MC, I could then open MC on PC1 AND whatever devices I wanted to on the network?  Which would allow me to initiate the playing of a playlist from either PC1 OR any of those devices?

Thanks for your help.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up