INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi-channel problem  (Read 1608 times)

Sterling1

multi-channel problem
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:12:19 am »

Downloaded trial version of MC today. OPPO UDP-205 sees MC as DLNA Server. Stereo songs from iTunes imported to MC are seen on OPPO Network screen and play through OPPO's stereo analog output. The one multi-channel flac download I imported, however, although seen on OPPO's screen, does not output from OPPO's stereo or multi-channel analog outputs. The multi-channel album does play through computer, in stereo. It appears that I do not have a proper setting, which I would like advice to get. BTW, when I click on any song from the multi-channel album it indicates, through icon motion on OPPO's screen that song is being accessed and then it auto scrolls to the next song and so on, but no output. Any advice would be appreciated.  My express purpose for MC is multi-channel pleasure through the OPPO UDP-205.

Sterling1

Re: multi-channel problem
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:08:12 am »

Since I have not gotten any advise on this matter here, I exchanged email with OPPO support. OPPO advised that my multichannel file was likely transcoded by MC and that I should set MC to not transcode the file. They also stated that the file could be corrupted. At any rate, as best I could discern being a novice with MC it appeared the file was original and was not corrupted. It just would not play from MC through OPPO. So, without advice coming from here I  solved the problem by just making my computer a DLNA server. Thus set, the multi-channel file played fine through the OPPO. Now, not having any perceived need for JRiver Media Center as my only interest was in its use as a DLNA device to deliver multi-channel, I uninstalled the trial version; but, it was an exciting ride for the few minutes I used it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:25 am »

I'm not sure what you saw.

If you use DLNA to serve the file to the Oppo, you can set conversion on the DLNA Server to "Original".  It's in the Media Network section of Options and Add or Edit DLNA Servers.

Sterling1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:53:34 am »

Yes, I did that: tools to options to network and saw box was set for original. Still no multi-channel result. At any rate, after I was able to get multi-channel playback through Network by making my laptop a DLNA Server I discovered Network play was not gapless even with OPPO set for gapless. In fact, OPPO confirmed with me that I cannot get gapless playback from the Network connection. So, Network is now moot; and, I am now enjoying multi-channel gaplessly using the OPPOs front usb port loaded with a thumb drive to which I have copied the multi-channel files. Thank you for your interest and desire to help me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up