INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zones/bluetooth/jremote  (Read 2495 times)

desertsand

• Recent member
zones/bluetooth/jremote
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:01:02 am »

I think I am missing something about how zones work.  Could someone please clue me in?  I've tried a bunch of searches but somehow not finding what I need.

Setup: I have JRemote setup on my phone and can control my PC running media center via JRemote.

Is it possible to stream music to my phone from PC (via jremote) which then streams to an external bluetooth speaker?  The speaker is paired to the phone ... but I do not get any audio on the phone or the paired bluetooth speaker.  I'd like to play music from the media center library on my bluetooth speaker on my patio for instance ... and would like to just carry the phone and speaker out there to do so.  It would be great if the two zones were just really mirrored, not sure if that's an option.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: zones/bluetooth/jremote
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:17:54 am »

Set the zone on the phone to This Device

desertsand

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:23:08 am »

Set the zone on the phone to This Device

Yes, thanks, got that to work ... but it doesn't mirror the playlist of the other zone ... is there a way to do that?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:27:35 pm »

Not really understanding "mirror"

You can push to the phone from the PC if you want to use the PC to queue tracks

Or make a playlist on the PC and pull it from the phone

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:53:01 pm »

JRemote has a feature to play to "this device", which is your phone.  If you set up a BT connection to your speaker, JRemote can play to it, because it's connected to "this device".

However, "this device" is special.  It is NOT A ZONE.  MC can not play to a JRemote "this device" connection.  Only JRemote can play to "this device".

There are other ways to do this, but not with JRemote.  The only other way I'm fairly certain about, is to use Bubble UPNP on an Android phone.  MC can see a Bubble UPNP server on an Android and use it as a zone via DLNA.  I'm betting you're using an i-device though.  (just a guess)

I've essentially given up on that whole "remote music from MC to phone".  Instead I now have a dedicated "phone" device that has a 64 GB SD card in it.  I then play from the card using a music player app called Rocket Player.  This removes MC from the equation entirely.  Except that I (of course) use MC to sync playlists and songs to this phone.  So MC is ultimately the source of music for this phone.  But it's a true standalone portable, which is how I like it.  Simple.  No other considerations.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 05:16:37 pm »

Thanks blgentry

My confusion is this ''mirrored" zone.  I play almost exclusively to "this device" (when I use my phone) and either plug in directly or use BT (which was the OT?).  This is much different than multi room audio which is how I would interpret the new question
Pages: [1]   Go Up