INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Series Cover Art and Season Art  (Read 2403 times)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
TV Series Cover Art and Season Art
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »

Should MC being automatically downloading Series and Season images.  I'm getting episode images but not the other two.  Shows like Farscape, Stargate etc.

Do I have to manually download these?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Series Cover Art and Season Art
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:48:06 pm »

If you right click on a Series in a TV type view, you can use Cover Art > Get From Internet to get Series and Season cover art.  I haven't quite figured out how manual or automatic this is.  Most of the time it seem automatic, but I'm honestly not totally sure because I only add new Series every now and then and I don't really keep track.

I'm pretty sure you can select multiple Series at one time and do Get From Internet to get them all at once.

Brian.

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »

Thanks, figured it out myself.  I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be automatic.  I guess not...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:01:08 am »

It works automatically for me. Although its been a while since I added any new Series. Do you have the TV folder (wherever you store the files) monitored at "Library & Folders>Config Auto Import"? And then you would check the box for "Run Auto-import in the Background" and "Get TV and Movie Info" in the tasks window.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »

It is mostly automatic for me, not sure why it sometimes doesn't work but it is rare enough that manually fixing the exceptions has been acceptable when it happens. My son is in to Blaze and the Monster Machines right now, and I noticed that it has cover art for Series 1 and 2 but not 3 with 3 being the new season. I suspect that if the cover art does not exist when it looks, it either skips it or waits some period of time before checking again but that is 100% speculation on my part.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:25:52 pm »

Quick update to my last post - looks like there is not 'Blaze' cover art for season 3 yet. For some reason people aren't quick to update some of the kids shows - there are a couple that have totally wrong information for whole seasons.

FYI - to make it easy to find and fix these I use a "categories" library view that shows Series and Seasons categories and is limited to only showing the sub type of TV Show. This makes it easy to see where cover art is missing and add via the 'get from internet' feature or manually add.
Pages: [1]   Go Up