INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Media Center - Airplay help needed.  (Read 3156 times)

jkkaline

New to Media Center - Airplay help needed.
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »

Hi - Apologies if this is a bad question.  I am new to Media Center and I like what I've seen so far.

I have seen in a few posts about older MC versions where you can render on Airplay devices.  In one of the last posts I read on this site you might find your airplay devices in Tools--> Options-->Audio--> Audio Player.  Sadly in my setup with MC22 running on an iMac I have had no such luck.  Can anyone spell this out for me?

Thanks in advance! 

RichPelto

Re: New to Media Center - Airplay help needed.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »

I'm having the same problem. I can load and play tunes on iMac, but there seems to be no way to airplay to my receiver or send as a media file to a Pioneer SC-95.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:16:19 pm »

As far as I know, Airplay is not supported in any way in MC.

Some receivers may have DLNA renderers built in and MC supports those.  If so, they will show up as devices in the left hand navigation area under Playing Now.

You might have more luck posting network audio questions in the Media Network forum.

Brian.

kvothe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:38:35 pm »

I just got this working (AirPlay to my Marantz from JRiver MC).

I didn't have to change anything in MC, just on my Mac.

Choose your AirPlay destination as you normally would (e.g. choose "Marantz AV8802" from the speaker menu, next to the time in the upper right of your Mac's menu bar). If the speaker/sound menu isn't there, you can turn it on via System Preferences > Sound , and check the bottom checkbox that says "Show volume in menu bar".

Then in Media Center, make sure "Player" is selected under "Playing Now" on the left side.

Now when I play some music in MC, it plays via AirPlay to my Marantz.

YMMV, but the key was to just set up your Mac for AirPlay to your destination (and test w/ some website audio or something first to make sure it's working), then use Player in MC to play whatever you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up