INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping questions  (Read 990 times)

THE KING OF PANGAEA

Ripping questions
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:14:54 pm »

When I rip a CD and under options choose FLAC it saves it to an ape file.  I guess an ape file is lossless compression but how can it be converted to a FLAC file, or does that happen automatically?  My first time trying to use this. 

Also I tried to rip a musical work on 2 CDs and the first movement on CD 1 ripped and saved but disc 2, the work having the same name it seems to think it is the same CD and wont rip and save?

How do I deal with these two issues.

King of pangaea

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:27:10 am »

When I rip a CD and under options choose FLAC it saves it to an ape file.  I guess an ape file is lossless compression but how can it be converted to a FLAC file, or does that happen automatically?  My first time trying to use this. 
There are "options" and "settings" for ripping that permit you to choose output format and FLAC is one of them.

Also I tried to rip a musical work on 2 CDs and the first movement on CD 1 ripped and saved but disc 2, the work having the same name it seems to think it is the same CD and wont rip and save?
Common problem.  When you rip, edit the name of the discs to indicate that the first is "1" and the second is "2," etc..
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up