INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import a single folder: still problem for previously deleted files in MC22?  (Read 2431 times)

barryo

• Recent member

Dear Brian, or others

I am trying to use "Import a single folder" to temporarily link to (import from) iTunes mp3 albums (audio), but almost all iTunes albums imported this way result in "0 new files".

(I want to then use "Tag Pasting" to paste tags from the iTunes files onto the same album newly ripped into MC, but in flac format for synch'ing to my Pono.)

So far, albums recently ripped into iTunes work ok, but (it seems) all albums ripped previously into iTunes do not.  So, my guess is that the problem is (from Brian's post, below) "MC keeps a record of these deleted files and it will not import them again.  You can work around this if this is the case."  This problem may have arisen for me because, at some time, I may have inadvertently let MC import my iTunes library (which I did not want to do  -  so I would have deleted these files, and so MC now considers most of my iTunes library to be "previously deleted").

Please tell me this work around that Brian referred to.  The only closely relevant MC option I found was "Configure auto-import"/"ignore files previously removed from library" but checking this on/off did not have an effect.  The problem seems to be that "Import a single folder" does not have this option to turn off  "Ignore ...".  I noted the previous discussions about this in MC14 & 15 [note that the "Ignore ..." checkbox to associate with  each import path is no longer available in MC22]  -  however, despite all that previous discussion, in MC22 "Import a single folder" appears to act as if it is permanently set at "Ignore..."...?

Regards

Barry

--

Generally speaking, if MC won't import a file it means one of two things:

1.  The file extension is not recognized by MC as being part of the import type you are trying to do.  For example, if you are trying to import an MP4 file (which is usually video) and you only have audio checked, MC will skip the MP4 file(s).  Or if you're using some unusual extension that MC doesn't recognize, it will skip it.

2.  If you have previously imported a file and then deleted it from MC, MC keeps a record of these deleted files and it will not import them again.  You can work around this if this is the case.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up