INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote v3.24 & iOS 9.3.5  (Read 1977 times)

BryceJ

• Recent member
JRemote v3.24 & iOS 9.3.5
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

Hi,

I have a Mac Mini that I use for my music with JRiver Media Center 22.

I am looking to get JRemote for the iPad mini I use as a remote control. I checked the iPad mini for a software update and it indicates that my software is up to date at iOS 9.3.5. In the app store JRemote indicates that it required iOS 10.0 or later. Is this correct? Will I be unable to load JRemote on my iPad mini?

The second question I have is regarding the statement "Stream any file up to 96kHz, 24bit". I have a number of files that are 192kHz, 24bit. What happens if I try to play them? Or does "stream" mean something else. I am not looking to play the files on my iOS device, just from the Mac mini to my DAC. I understand the streaming comment now.

Cheers.

BryceJ

• Recent member
JRemote v3.22 & iOS 9.3.5 - Works Fine
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

Well I have the answer to this question.

I purchased JRemote v3.24 and installed in on an iPad that has iOS 10, no problem. Then I tried to install JRemote on my iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5. The App store said that JRemote v3.24 is not compatible with iOS 9.3.5 and asked if I would like to install JRemote v3.22 instead, which I did.

I have been using it for the last day and it works very nicely. I got liner notes to work and configured a few of the options. This is a very nice piece of software and it runs very quickly on my older iPad mini.

Cheers.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote v3.24 & iOS 9.3.5
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:41 pm »

3.22 works down to iOS 7 I believe, the feature set is the same as 3.24.
Pages: [1]   Go Up