INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting static hiss and music when trying to bitstream DSD  (Read 4876 times)

Rubbaman

Getting static hiss and music when trying to bitstream DSD
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »

Downloaded my first DSD file and it will play when downsampling to 352.8 KHz into my McIntosh C52, but when I tried changing to bitstreaming and selecting DSD in "audio" its giving me static noise with sound.
The files are .dsf .  Did I miss a setting somewhere?  Using Media Center 22 and Macbook Pro Retina early 2013 with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Getting static hiss and music when trying to bitstream DSD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:03:47 am »

I just had this same problem using the Oppo HA-2SE DAC/headphone amp. But I found this fix, which worked for me:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101076.0

Worth a try for your DAC? I had to quit JRiver in order to change the DAC setting in Audio MIDI Setup.

Rubbaman

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 09:37:37 am »

Wow!  Thanks!  Worked like a champ!  Would never thought of that as I thought the JRiver software was taking over and doing that automatically.
But.... since Bitstreaming is playing directly to the DAC, it makes since that the JRiver engine is bypassed.  Thanks for your quick response to
my question.  Got to love a good forum.  Rob

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »

Glad this helped!

But, a question for you or anyone -- what I find is that every time I restart JRiver, the Oppo HA-2SE is switched back to 16 bit, and so I have to go back into Audio MIDI Setup to re-set it to 32 bit in order to play DSD files. Other DACs I've had either didn't require an adjustment in Audio MIDI Setup, or only needed to have that done once and then the system remembered the proper setting. Any advice?

mikeral

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:41:10 pm »

Hi,

Same problem for me trying to bitstream DSF file to Marantz HD-AMP1. Before starting the playback I set the format in MIDI to 352800.0 HZ  ch - 32 bit integer. Once I click play on JRiver MC format in MIDI changes to 176400.0 Hz 2ch-32 bit integer and all I can here is some noise and Marantz display shows 176.4K indicating PCM.
Audirvana has no problem streaming that same file from the same computer and Marantz recognizes and displays DSD 2.8M and plays the file properly.
Same problem trying to bitstream from MC to Plenue P1 and IBasso DX80 and again these 2 units work perfectly with Audirvana.
Pages: [1]   Go Up