INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create a view for movies with multiples tracks audio  (Read 3321 times)

jackd7630

• Recent member
Create a view for movies with multiples tracks audio
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:40 am »

Hello

I don't find the possibilities to create a view to see my movies with multiples tracks audio wich means movies with subtitle . I see all tag informations of my movie but i don't see how i can create my view. With a script ? If yes with wich fields ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

jackd7630

• Recent member
Re: Create a view for movies with multiples tracks audio
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:27:42 am »

There is no solution in jriver to know if a movie has several audio tracks to be able to create a special view ?

jackd7630

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:46:03 am »

Hello everybody

Almost 100 visits and no answer. I think unfortunately that he(it) do not have to have of possibility for my demand(request) there....

Best Regards

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:51:18 am »

This information is not available in the MC database, so you cannot create such a view, sorry.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:50 pm »

I suppose you could create a custom field/tag for "movie audio tracks" and manually enter the data for each movie. Then you would have it in the MC database.

You could use a program like "MediaInfo" https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo to see what audio tracks are in available or if your ripping with MKV or similar ripping program you can probably just take note which tracks are available when you make your ripping selections then add them to your custom tag.

I don't know if any of this advice will work for you.
Good luck.

jackd7630

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:09 pm »

Thank you for your answers.
I thought that it was possible because there is an option to analyze the audio.
It could be a request for a next version.
It would allow besides managing subtitles in functions of the audio tracks.
Regards

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 04:55:56 am »

I don't understand the usefulness of this.
For me, I don't need to see this view. When I'm playing a movie for the first time I can use the on-screen menu to switch between audio choices/tracks. When I play a movie for the first time, if the first audio selection by MC is incorrect I can chose a different audio and then the next time MC plays the movie it will remember that choice. Other that selecting the correct audio the first time I play a movie, I don't need to see need to have the various choices in a view.

But your use of MC is different than mine.
Good luck.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 09:03:12 am »

Hi,

After importing new movies in MC, I edit the [Language] tag to check "English" and/or "French" (I am a french Canadian from Québec).
In Theaterview, I have custom views defined to show only movies where the rule for file display meets "Language contains french". 

I use this view for when I have visitors confortable only in "la langue de Molière"...

You could also create a custom [Subtitles] library field of type list, that would allow you to add and use the subtitle info in the same fashion.  I was surprised to see that there is no standard field for this...

I do not care too much about subtitles, but I did create a custom [3D Info] field to manage my 3D only (SBS and OU) and 3D capable (MVC encoded MKV files) movies.  So far, I have defined this field as ("3D MVC";"3D SBS";"3D OU" or nothing at all).  A 2D movie has nothing in the [3D Info] field.  My custom Theatherview movie views are:
- 2D Name, ordered alphabetically, 2D only and 3D MVC (shown as 2D on my non 3D capable displays). [3D Info] is not "3D OU" nor "3D SBS".
- 2D Recent, ordered by date of import, 2D only and 3D MVC (shown as 2D on my non 3D capable displays). [3D Info] is not "3D OU" nor "3D SBS".
- Français, a french language track is present for those movies
- 3D Name, ordered alphabetically, all 3D movies ([3D Info] starts with "3D")
- 3D Recent, ordered by date of import, all 3D movies ([3D Info] starts with "3D")
- 3D MVC, those are the highest quality 3D movies, direct BR rips using makemkv ([3D Info] is "3D MVC")

So I guess this answers your question.  Yes you can !

Cheers.

jackd7630

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:05 pm »

Thanks for your idea but i have more than 1500 movies.....So, manually, it is going to be very long  :'(
I thought that it would be possible in one a function as to analyze.
It would be good to be able to add this demand as future request so well on technically it is possible

Regards

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:28 am »

I share your pain, as I too had to do the manual update to a lot of movies.
Takes about 30 seconds per movie to launch the movie, right click to see the available streams, stop the movie, update the tags and launch the next one.  Lots of clicking around !

Once done however, it's very convenient to have, and easy to maintain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up