INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation Instructions for DSP (Equalizer) for DLNA  (Read 3465 times)

stefanbuehlmann

Installation Instructions for DSP (Equalizer) for DLNA
« on: February 04, 2017, 09:48:51 am »

Hi,

I have a hearing loss and I would like to use the media center with the equalizer to compensate for my lost frequencies.

Please, could anyone explain step by step how to setup and install the media center, such that it provides the music processed by the equalizer of the DSP Studio to a DLNA client (I have a naim unity). I don't manage. To me always sounds exactly the same, as if the equalizer wouldn't take effect. I have a win 10 machine to try it out.

Next step would then be, to move the media center to my QNAP TS-451. But there i have even more questions:
- is the QNAP TS-451 strong enough?
- how do I change any settings? the QNAP is head-less. Is there a web server built in?
- how do I change the equalizer settings in particular?
- and how to I control the music? Is there an iPhone-remote app? (I don't have android, only iPhone & iPad)
- does anyone have a step-by-step instruction how to install?

Thanks, in advance.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Installation Instructions for DSP (Equalizer) for DLNA
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:12:20 am »

Hallo,

deinem Benutzernmen nach bist du Deutscher, daher in unserer Sprache ;-):

Um DSP-Effekte bzw. -Funktionen auf DLNA-Geräten wiederzugeben, stelle in Media Center Folgendes ein (du musst nichts installieren, nur die Funktionen aktivieren):
Unter "Optionen > Mediennetzwerk > DLNA-Bibliotheksserver hinzufügen und konfigurieren" im oberen Feld den Server markieren, dann im unteren Feld "Audio > Modus > Angegebenes Ausgabeformat" wählen u. darunter das gewünschte Format angeben (PCM, MP3, Bandbreite). Dann auf "Erweitert > DSP-Studio" klicken und dort die gewünschten Audio-Einstellungen vornehmen (Equalizer, usw.).

Für andere bzw. Mobilgeräte gibt es die App "Gizmo" im Google Playstore (in Gizmo sind die DSP-Effekte nicht verfügbar, weil für diese Clients ein anderes Netzwerkprotokoll verwendet wird).
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 11:57:02 am »

Hallo,

deinem Benutzernmen nach bist du Deutscher, daher in unserer Sprache ;-):

Um DSP-Effekte bzw. -Funktionen auf DLNA-Geräten wiederzugeben, stelle in Media Center Folgendes ein:
Unter "Optionen > Mediennetzwerk > DLNA-Bibliotheksserver hinzufügen und konfigurieren" im oberen Feld den Server markieren, dann im unteren Feld "Audio > Modus > Angegebenes Ausgabeformat" wählen u. darunter das gewünschte Format angeben (PCM, MP3, Bandbreite). Dann auf "Erweitert > DSP-Studio" klicken und dort die gewünschten Audio-Einstellungen vornehmen (Equalizer, usw.).

Für andere bzw. Mobilgeräte gibt es die App "Gizmo" im Google Playstore. Unter Gizmo sind die DSP-Effekte von Media Center aber nicht verfügbar...

WHAT
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:08:04 pm »

>> THAT is in German... please use your preferred online translator ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 12:32:01 pm »

>> THAT is in German... please use your preferred online translator ;-)

I shouldn't have to use a translator!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:18 pm »

Sorry about that. So for you in English -- I explained the OP how to set up his MC media server to use DSP for preprocessing audio data for playback on DLNA devices.

If you need to do the same, go to "Options > Media Network > Add/Configure Server", enable "Audio > Mode > Specified Output Format", select the desired format below (PCM, MP3, etc) then clkick "Advanced > DSP Studio" to choose you audio settings.
(This is for DLNA devices, e.g. TVs; for mobile devices using Gizmo etc. DSP is not always available.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up