INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesn't Media Center automatically install the JRiver ASIO driver?  (Read 4406 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

On my desktop computer, I kept running into the problem where Media Center does not install the JRiver ASIO driver during installation. I had to reinstall in order for it to install, and there's no option to force it to install either, so I'm just reinstalling on blind faith that it might get installed. But I did manage to get it installed on my desktop computer.

However, on my laptop computer (Lenovo X1 Yoga), no matter what I do, reinstalling does not install the JRiver ASIO driver. How can I force Media Center to install the ASIO driver?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Why doesn't Media Center automatically install the JRiver ASIO driver?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:25:52 pm »

Isn't the asio driver native to ones sound card/graphics card and not proprietary to MC
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:48:01 pm »

Isn't the asio driver native to ones sound card/graphics card and not proprietary to MC

Then what is the JRiver Media Center 22 [ASIO] that is listed in Tools/Options/Audio Devices and in Windows' audio playback devices?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:18:49 pm »

as far as I know it would be your computers native driver. take a look at tools>options>general> then on the right towards the bottom look for >features then look to see if ASIO DRIVER is checked on the offending computer.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 12:52:55 am »

You can install by yourself Asio4all driver. Some manufacturer provide a dedicated asio driver for their own products.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 02:21:21 am »

You only need this if you intend to use asio line in. It is installed, or should be, when you activate that feature (ASIO Driver) in the jriver options (Options/General/Features)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:15 am »

I just tried the suggestions (using ASIO4ALL), and it worked. Thanks a bunch! Now I can watch movies using my video player program of choice, but route the audio to Media Center so I can use the DSP Studio to host/process IK Multimedia's ARC System 2 (which corrects the room modes in my exercise room).

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 07:56:16 am »

As I understand it, ASIO4ALL is just a wrapper for kernal streaming. It is not an actual ASIO implementation.

ASIO is also required for native sample rate DSD, that is 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz, 11.2 MHz.  It is not needed for DoP DSD. WASAPI is fine for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up