INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard View and Issues Arising out of Ripping CD's in JRiver  (Read 1828 times)

Phantastron

• Recent member
Standard View and Issues Arising out of Ripping CD's in JRiver
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:58:41 am »

I am new to JRiver. So the disparate questions I have may seem elementary. I am running MC22 on a iMac with an 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb of memory and plenty of storage.
1 When I run JRiver with the Standard View, the Player Bar is simply a white background with the buttons on the left showing as line art (a square for stop and sideways triangle for play and so on) not stylized buttons on a grey background. How do I get the latter?
2. When I have completed ripping a cd in JRiver and display its content in album view the columns and tracks are shown below (this is for classical music). Now I select the columns I want, adjust the width of the columns, the order I want, left justified and so on. But next time I rip a cd I have to go through the same business with the columns again. How do I set things up to have a fixed presentation of cd content without having to readjust the presentation?
3. Sometimes when I have ripped a cd and view the album in the album view the contents of the album shows duplicated tracks (not always for all tracks but sometimes). Why is this and how do I get rid of it? And sometimes the tracks are in a scrambled order but not always. Again why is this and how do I get the tracks in the order in which they occur on the cd?
4. I have started to rip a cd and then cancelled the rip and removed all record of it on my computer. Then I go to rip the cd again but JRiver insists on indicating that the rip has already been done. What is going on here and how can I get JRiver to rip the cd?
5. I have set up the hard drive on my Mac to store music as follows : Users/John Doe/Music/Music Library/Classical/Chamber. I then choose this path when I rip a cd under the Tools>Options>File Location. JRiver then locates the cd in the selected location indicating Artist/Album and then the tracks. I am experimenting at the moment before I rip a large number of cd’s. Is this way of setting up my hard drive and then letting JRiver take over generally OK for the long haul?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with regard to the above questions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Standard View and Issues Arising out of Ripping CD's in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:05 pm »

Under the View menu, try changing the skin.

If you cancel a rip in the middle, MC will probably still import the files you've done.

You can set your ripping location to C:/Users/John Doe/Music and then use [Genre] as a template if you wish, but there is really need to be so careful about the location since MC will keep your music organized for you.  You can always use the Rename, Move, Copy tool to move files later if necessary.

Phantastron

• Recent member
Re: Standard View and Issues Arising out of Ripping CD's in JRiver
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:52:18 am »

JimH

Thank-you for your ansewers to my questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up