INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback stops [Solved]  (Read 2709 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Playback stops [Solved]
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:02:33 am »

With this version, I'm finding that audio playback stops after ~6-8 mins; happened three times now

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback stops
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:34:32 am »

Please provide more details.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: Playback stops
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:09 am »

After some additional testing, it seems another program was shutting off the display via HDMI port after some mins.  Once I stopped that program from doing so JRiver seems to be working fine now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback stops [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:12 am »

Thanks for reporting the solution.  What was the other program?

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:36:04 am »

Kodi (special 3D MVC build).

There's a setting in Kodi (System -> System Settings -> Power Saving -> Put Display to Sleep When Idle) which shuts off the display after some configurable number of mins.

I keep Kodi running in the foreground (full-screen) for 3D MVC video playback and JRiver always running for audio

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:52 pm »

Kodi (special 3D MVC build).

There's a setting in Kodi (System -> System Settings -> Power Saving -> Put Display to Sleep When Idle) which shuts off the display after some configurable number of mins.

I keep Kodi running in the foreground (full-screen) for 3D MVC video playback and JRiver always running for audio

MC does 3D MVC playback too.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »

Unfortunately MadVR + Lav does not work well with my Intel 5100 GPU (and others have reported issues with Intel).  It crashes regardless of using it with JRiver or MPC.  Not JRiver's fault mind you.  I would prefer to just use JRiver but 3D MVC is incredibly important to me as 3D on a 65" 4K OLED is simply stunning.

The Kodi MVC build uses an Intel specific library for hardware decoding; it also does software decoding and works well with nVidia GPUs; but my Mac Mini has the Intel 5100 in it and that's what I currently use for an HTPC (running Windows 10 of course; don't ask - long story).

I'll be upgrading to an Intel Nuc w/kaby lake at some point and will give JRiver a try again for 3D

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 11:44:26 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to respond quite fully to my statement. That's very interesting to know about the Intel-specific library. I always use nVidia cards on any system that I am going to do any serious video playback on, including 3D. 3D is important to me too, but only have a 1080p 65" LCD and a 120" 3LCD projection screen, also at 1080p. The latter is spectacular, but it's not a 4K native picture, and not OLED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up