INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems playing WAV files  (Read 1572 times)

antozac

• Recent member
Problems playing WAV files
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:46 pm »

I have some wav files in 6 ch, extracted from DVD Audio, these files are big files that come with a .cue file to indicate the length, name and track# of each song.
When I import the folder with the .cue file, the single large file and the .jpg file with the cover art; all display correctly and looks nice on the MC22, the files get the right duration times and names.
The problem comes when I play them. Track 1 works well but any other track will play the big file form the beginning (track 1 beginning) and will continue reproducing for the time that is assigned for that specific track. With any track, when I use the mouse to try to advance the song to a certain point in the middle the song, it restarts again form time 0:00.

Using any other type of files like flac, the whole thing works well.

Conclusion, it looks like with this specific type of wav, there is no way to start from a specific point in the time line only from the start, therefore the cue file information about the start point for any song 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ....... is not working.

I tried to convert the wav file to wav file and it works well but the options available in JRiver are with a higher bit rates so they are much larger files. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Antonio
Pages: [1]   Go Up