INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing the “Rename, Move, and Copy” Window  (Read 3086 times)

Phantastron

• Recent member
Resizing the “Rename, Move, and Copy” Window
« on: February 01, 2017, 01:43:49 pm »

This  question probably reveals just how much of a novice I am. Anyhow here goes. When I invoke the “Rename, Move, and Copy” files command (F6) in MC22 it practically fills up my whole screen on my iMac extending beyond the bottom of my screen. How can I resize the window? I cannot access the bottom with my pointer to drag it up.
Actually I had used the command previously and at that time it was a relatively small window. But as I was using it a it jumped to this oversized state and I cannot get out of it. I quit JRiver but when I restarted it the same the window was still the same when I hit F6.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resizing the “Rename, Move, and Copy” Window
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:55:47 pm »

Really old versions of Mac OSX could only resize windows from the lower right hand corner.  You may be used to that behavior.  Modern versions of OSX (from at least 6 years ago) allow resizing from any corner or any edge.  So just grab an edge (or corner) and resize!  :)

Brian.

Phantastron

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:18:21 pm »

Thanks Bigentry --I have been trying to resize the window from every from every part of the window but to no avail. I have been able to narrow the window somewhat but not to raise it up from the bottom. The reason I want it smaller is  primarily because the command to execute the function is at the bottom of the window which is hidden because the window simply extends beyond the bottom of my screen. I have quit and relaunched JRiver and restarted my computer neither of which helped. Most frustrating!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:49:39 pm »

The RM&C window *does* have a minimum height.  It won't resize smaller if making it smaller won't show all of its fields.  On my Macbook Pro this means approximately 3/4 of the height of my screen.

Are you using extremely large fonts?  Or is your monitor set to a very low resolution?  Let's make it really simple.  How about posting a screen shot of what you see.

Brian.

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:20:21 am »

Have you tried clicking on the green button at top left of all Mac screens? This normally toggles between full screen and a size that you set by dragging sides etc.

I can alter the MC screen and the RM&C screen separately to fill the whole iMac screen and back to normal using this. One of the settings should give you visibility of the bottom of the screen that you want.

Apologies if this is too basic but you did not mention it. The jump to an overscan size sounds odd and is not normal behaviour.

MikeBRG

iMac mid 2011. OS 10.11.6

Phantastron

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:29:32 am »

Thank you both for your comments. By pressing the green button at the top of the screen I have been able to get the window to  adjust such that the commands at the bottom of the screen are revealed. So the command is functional albeit awkward to use. I have enclosed a screen shot  of the window I am seeing ( I think). The font size is small and the resolution of the display is set to the highest available. The odd thing is that when I used the rename and move command initially it showed up as a small window. Then it jumped to this large size. This jump may have been triggered by my having moved the cursor abruptly across the window but I cannot say for sure.
No need for apologies MikeBRG. When it comes to computers nothing is too basic for me:) In fact learning how to use JRiver is turning out to be quite an educational experience.

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »

I am glad the suggestion worked. Rest assured I am still struggling around in the foothills of MC after several years - but it's worth it. Learning Mac basics and MC at the same time is adventurous. The program is of amazing power and flexibility in file handling and display. The biggest challenge is the lack of a coherent and up to date manual but the MC Wiki and this support board go a long way in filling the gap. Brian is one of several support experts, gifted with enormous knowledge and patience, who do a great job in responding.

It helps if you can supply basic details of your mac hardware and operating system, plus the version of MC that you are using when seeking advice. The Mac data is to be found by clicking on the white apple at the top left of the screen.

To your problem, when you have the RM&C screen that you have showed, can you not then drag the lower right hand corner to size the box to your preferred size? If you click on green after that, my box toggles between the reduced screen and the full screen that you show. You should be able to restore the box to a more reasonable size. The text size is altered by choosing a size under the 'View/Size' MC menu along the top but this also alters the text size in the main display as well. Text can also be altered under Tools/Options/Tree and View - select font.

Good luck in your mission.

Finally, for Brian, I notice that if I click on F6 more than once, I bring up a new RM&C screen each time. Is this deliberate? I would expect it to toggle the RM&C screen on and off? Its not critical but unusual.

Phantastron

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »

MikeBRG
Thanks very much for your constructive advice. I am sure I will sort out this screen issue with time.
I agree with you about the documentation on JRiver. I am sure that a lot of potential customers are lost because they do no have the patients to persist. But the application does have excellent features which make it worth working at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up