INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album artwork changes on its own  (Read 1324 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Album artwork changes on its own
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:42 am »

I use MC 21.0.90 for playing FLAC files only. About half were ripped from my CD collection and the other half downloaded from sites such as eClassical and Hyperion Records. In every case that I can, I make sure to add a JPEG of the cover art to the folder and, if necessary, explicitly link the image file to all the tracks in the album. (Sometimes the FLAC files that I download already have the cover art as a tag, but I still add the JPEG to the folder.) So at the time I add each album to the MC library, I know that the cover art is correct. (Occasionally when ripping from a CD, I've had to search the Internet for the correct image.) Over the years, including when using earlier versions of MC, I keep finding that the cover art has changed to the artwork from an album I've never owned. Sometimes the album art at least gets the works correct, but sometimes only one keyword, perhaps the composer, is correct. Is there some setting in MC that is giving the software permission to search the Internet for a new image file and use it as a replacement? If so, I'd like to turn off that permission.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Album artwork changes on its own
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:01:32 am »

take a look at tools>options>general>online metadata>

there could be other reasons also
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album artwork changes on its own
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:33 am »

Not really an answer to your question but I ensure all my individual tracks have a single embedded artwork file within them. This means that no matter where the tracks go the artwork is always available and there's no reliance on any external artwork files (even though they may or may not exist in the same folder). I've never had an issue with artwork using this approach.

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up