INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center deletes track-info  (Read 1365 times)

PeterHamburg

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media Center deletes track-info
« on: July 20, 2003, 09:46:16 am »

Media Center cannot handle standard ID3 tag version 2 -> TRCK Track number/Position in set.
Updating the id3v2 will always delete "Position in set" info.
Have I missed an option to avoid this unpolite behaviour?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center deletes track-info
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 09:57:31 am »

No, you haven't missed anything. MC currently does not support this format of track numbering.

Rob

PeterHamburg

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 10:06:24 am »

Thanks for the instant answer  ;)
So how MediaCenter can find my "full albums"? Have I to mark them?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 10:35:46 am »

No, you haven't missed anything. MC currently does not support this format of track numbering.

Rob

if i remember correctly there was a fix for this so users could store the track info this way.

i guess it got broken
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rocketsauce

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 10:42:00 am »

I think the most reliable way would be for you to mark them.

You can also create a View Scheme using the Album Type (auto) component which will show full and incomplete albums. I'm not sure about all the criteria that it uses to classify an album as complete or incomplete, but there have been a few posts about albums that are misclassified. So, this method is maybe a little less reliable.

Rob

Listening to: 'Turn It Up' from 'Try Anything Once' by 'Alan Parsons' on Media Center 9.0

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 10:45:56 am »

if i remember correctly there was a fix for this so users could store the track info this way.

i guess it got broken

Don't know if it ever worked, as I've never used that type of track numbering. However, in 9.0.180 if you try entering something like 2/12 in the track field, MC automatically deletes it and leaves the field blank.

Rob

Listening to: 'The Call Of The Wild' from 'The Time Machine' by 'Alan Parsons' on Media Center 9.0

PeterHamburg

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:30:45 pm »

Thanks again for your helping answers  :)
I cannot believe that MC can guess whether an album is complete or not without the "number of tracks"-info.
The only useful tag-info I found was "Album Artist"....but MC make it's own tag not using Microsoft's "Album Artist"-tag.
Seems to me, that MC is not focused to serious mp3-collectors. So I'm missing TPA 'Part of a set', too. All double/box albums names must be tagged with an added CDx/n?

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 12:50:57 pm »

Looks like MC just looks through tracks on album for contigous track numbers from 1 to n.  If the tracks that are missing happen to be at the end of the album I guess that it won't pick it up.  It does a pretty good job for me though.

So if you are a serious MP3 collector and don't think MC is focused at you which better software would you recommend exactly?  

I have 20K carefully selected MP3s and I hear a rumour that Sparta once had 130K.  This is the only program I know of that can cope with such libraries i.e. for speed and organisational capabilities.

I'm sure that the team will look at your suggestion and, if they don't in the short term, just ask them again but don't tell me they're not focused on the serious MP3 collector please.

PeterHamburg

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 01:52:15 pm »

I don't want to embarrass anybody.
I'm using MEXP so far ...but I'm looking for a program, that can show my covers while browsing through the collection....so I'm testing MC.
MC's "Album Artist" would solve some other tagging problems for me...but I don't want to loose my "number of tracks"-info I'm tagging with Mutschler's tool since more than three years  ;)
Not supporting a special tag-entry may be a feature, but deleting an unknown entry for me is a bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up