INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wasapi loopback trouble  (Read 1486 times)

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
wasapi loopback trouble
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:08:10 pm »

Everyone
I have used the loopback method for digital crossover settings for many years now, but not recently.  I am trying to change the settings "the way I used" but I am unable to complete the process with the REW measurement software.
This may be because of my old age memory dysfunction  ?  nothing's working anymore.
Facts:
- It is a 7.1 channels setup feeding a REM AES32 soundcard (4 dacs and 4 poweramps), working fine for playback.
- Usually I setup the wasabi high definition (SPDIF) or an other of the computer audio output device for loopback then "open live" to redirect the REW's sweep signals trough MC22 and the 8 channels output.  Used to work.
- Now when triggering the "open live" wasapi loopback, the error message comes in saying that
"playback could not be started using the format 44,1 khz 32 bits 8 channels"
THis message is new for me ?
I have checked the computer audio card, OK.  In fact it is showed in the device available in MC's tool.

The message said that would work for 2ch . !!! I tried it this way (2ch) but I really need the 8 ch output for the MCs output to the RME card.  While trying the 2ch option for loopback anyway, I can see that the REW sweep signal is arriving to MC but no sound is coming out.  It is normal because of the DSP's output settings are dispatching the signals.

Must be something I forgot somewhere, but unable to locate it  :'(

Where is my mistake?

Pages: [1]   Go Up