INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View content not updating upon Tag change even after F5  (Read 1038 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
View content not updating upon Tag change even after F5
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:54:06 pm »

Is this a bug?

I often work with at least two tabs open, working in a list of newly imported tracks, and also working in a view of all tracks of the particular artist, to deal with duplicate tracks, various versions, tagging consistency, etc.

To get a new track to show up in the Artist view, on one tab I simply add (or edit) the track to have the Artist name in the exact way I always write it. That causes the Artist view to then include that track, usually by the time I switch to that tab, or when I press F5. But recently, this has been hit-or-miss.

The trouble, somewhat recent, is that a particular branch of the Artist view does not update itself dynamically, UNLESS I leave that branch by clicking click on a different artist in the tree, then come back.

Also, in the past, if the current view branch did not simply update itself within seconds, I would press F5 to force a refresh. But now, while F5 updates the other views/lists I often work in (the view of newly imported files for instance), it does not seem to ever update the current Artist; I always have to click out, then back in.

Is this a new normal, or perhaps a bug?

It shouldn't matter, but my Artists view is a tree with branches such as Artists\B\Beach Boys, Artists\B\Beatles, etc. I don't use the standard Artist field for this, I have custom Artists, a multi-value field. I enter Artists as Lastname, Firstname. But I've been doing it this way in MC for more than a decade, no reason it would affect view updating.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Finleyville

Re: View content not updating upon Tag change even after F5
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:59:24 pm »

I am interested in this also.  My brand new changes do not show up unless I choose another branch then back again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up