INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OTA ATSC EPG Scanning questions (and crash)  (Read 2252 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
OTA ATSC EPG Scanning questions (and crash)
« on: February 09, 2017, 11:49:32 am »

I have a new ATSC sub-channel which is not on my EPG listing yet and decided to play with OTA Scanning (just for fun and this channel will be added to the EPG listing shortly after having requested for it..).

Questions:
1. Even Though I have "In Over-the-air EPG scan (atsc), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs Only..." option checked you still need to configure OTA in your "load program guide" profiles right?
2. Looks like it's scanning All ATSC channels to get the data why not just scan the channel with missing data? (In my case only one sub-channel)
3. It won't over-write my existing EPG data right?
4. Wouldn't it make more sense to custom select which channels to use for the ATSC scan similar to how it's done with mc2xml and xmltv therefore reducing time required for the scan and possible crashes dramatically?
5. And it would then make more sense to have the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (atsc), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs Only..." under the Over the air setup?

Those are just comments for improvement and definitely not a high priority for me...However there was a crash:

When it got to 23 out of 29 for the OTA loading MC crashed.
  Yaobing I sent you the logs (that I trimmed the first part to make it smaller)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: OTA ATSC EPG Scanning questions (and crash)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 12:23:05 pm »

1. Yes.  In Load Program guide, add an OTA mode, and select it to be run along with your other EPG method.
2. That can be changed in the future.  Yes, it currently scans for all channels.
3. As long as you use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (atsc), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs Only...", the OTA EPG data is used only for channels that do not have an xmltv ID.
4. True.  See 2.  Currently your way of selecting which channel to use OTA data and which channel to use online data is "XMLTV ID".
5. Maybe.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 12:31:43 pm »

1. Yes.  In Load Program guide, add an OTA mode, and select it to be run along with your other EPG method.
2. That can be changed in the future.  Yes, it currently scans for all channels.
3. As long as you use the option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (atsc), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs Only...", the OTA EPG data is used only for channels that do not have an xmltv ID.
4. True.  See 2.  Currently your way of selecting which channel to use OTA data and which channel to use online data is "XMLTV ID".
5. Maybe.

Thanks for the answers Yaobing.  Actually 5 wouldn't really matter if you implement channel selection for OTA scanning.

It crashed again at the exact same place.  I re-sent you "cleaner" logs as I cleaned up the logs in between the crashes.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »

Please try this DLL.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 06:17:23 pm »

Yep. The dll resolves the hang.
Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up