INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple slideshow question  (Read 1034 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Simple slideshow question
« on: July 19, 2003, 07:40:01 am »

I must be losing my mind. How do I clear images from a slide show in playing now?

The images are not in playing now any more, but I cant make them go away.

sraymond

Re: Simple slideshow question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 09:03:42 am »

There are two types of "slideshows" (from my pespective, anyway).

Images with Audio
The "Image" visualization plays images while songs are playing in PN.    So if there is audio in PN and I play images, the visualization is set to "Imgaes" and I can see all the images by right-clicking on the display and selecting "Images".   When I change visulaization, the images disappear from this list.

Images without Audio
When playing images with no audio in PN, it acts differently - each image is an item in the PN list.  The images are cleared from PN like any other media format.  In this "mode", you can't select any other visualtion but "Image".

So...  I hope that helped.  Look to see if the images are in the "Image" visualization list (again, right-click on the display and select Images).  If so, the only way I know of getting rid of them is to change the visualization.

Scott-

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 09:16:36 am »

Scott

Thanks. I was referring to images in visualizations. Id originally played them as part of an 'images with audio' playlist, and they then persisted in the visualization long after Id cleared out playing now. The thing that was confusing me was that I was sure there used to be some sort of 'clear slideshow' command in the image visualization, but I couldnt find it anywhere. And, after messing in hairstyle to try and clear them MC became unresponsive for a while (cant remember what I was doing), and then recovered without crashing. Whatever happened, it did the trick, because now the image vis. shows 'There are no images queued for playback. To show images... etc.'. So I still think there used to be some sort of command, but who knows?

Anyway its not a big problem.

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 12:57:53 pm »

Sure...  maybe once there was a "clear images" for the visualization.  But it isn't there now.  I wonder how the images got "stuck" in the vis - whenever I clear PN, the images in the vis also get cleared.  As I mentioned beofre, the images also get cleared if I switch visualizations.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up