INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 & 22 skips to last track of album  (Read 1818 times)

EuanS

MC 21 & 22 skips to last track of album
« on: February 10, 2017, 08:31:08 am »

Hi,

NB: I experienced this problem on MC21 and upgraded to MC22 in the hope that it would solve the issue. I will be playing tracks and albums fine one minute, choosing what I want to play without issue. Then when I click on a track inside an album it will play the first second or so of the track chosen, then dance through the tracks to the last song of the album. Which it will then play. Once this has happened once, it will then do this with every album. I can quite and restart MC22, which sometimes solves the problem for a brief time. Then the same thing happens again.

Any ideas how to resolve this? Obviously having installed MC22 from scratch, I can't see reinstalling as a viable solution.
Many thanks,

Euan

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 & 22 skips to last track of album
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:09 pm »

Are you using a DLNA (network) device for audio playback?  If so, I believe using "disable setnext" is supposed to fix issues like this on some devices.  Right click on the name of the DLNA device in playing now and find "disable setnext" and select it.

If you are not using a DLNA device, what is your device and how is it attached?

Brian.

EuanS

Re: MC 21 & 22 skips to last track of album
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:48 am »

Hi Brian,

I'm playing JRiver on a Mac which is using wi-fi to connect to a Synology NAS over Wifi – JRiver is pulling the tracks from the shared server on my Mac essentially, which I assume it treats the same as playing music directly from the desktop (as it is just another folder). I am wondering if it is related to an interruption in the Wifi – i.e if it loses the stream and needs to buffer, then after it reconnects the fault develops (even though the streaming is stable again). My best theory right now.

I'm planning to run a direct ethernet to the laptop to see if that resolves the issue (ie the stable connection means that the fault/glitch does not get triggered by a momentary interruption).

Any other insights gratefully received,

Euan
Pages: [1]   Go Up