INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No "Play Count" update for first tune added to "Playing Now" for DLNA renderer  (Read 2332 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen

When playing to a DLNA renderer, the first song added to "Playing Now" doesn't get its Play Count or Last Played fields updated. Subsequent songs added to Playing Now don’t have this problem, as long as they are added while something is still playing. The problem doesn’t occur when playing to the local Player zone.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

MC 22.0.22, MacOS 10.12, Marantz SR7009 DLNA renderer.

dmitch77

• World Citizen

When playing to a DLNA renderer, the first song added to "Playing Now" doesn't get its Play Count or Last Played fields updated. Subsequent songs added to Playing Now don’t have this problem, as long as they are added while something is still playing. The problem doesn’t occur when playing to the local Player zone.

Reposting, and asking for help. This did not result in a single response, from JRiver folks or anyone else. It's a bug, 100% repeatable. What is a customer supposed to do here? Should I assume, in the absence of a single response from JRiver, that they do not recognize this as an issue worthy of their consideration? Should I just give up on this issue? Is there any other venue available where one can report bugs and get some attention?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

You will always get more consistent performance with MC by using a directly attached DAC.

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen

You will always get more consistent performance with MC by using a directly attached DAC.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've noticed the behavior you mention, in other zones with a directly connected DAC. Unfortunately, the zone in my house with the DLNA renderer does not have a computer anywhere near it, and it isn't going to have one any time soon. It's also my main listening area.

This actually seems like a straightforward bug; it's not dependent on network performance or even the behavior of the DLNA renderer (I've seen identical behavior on the MC side with two different renderers). It's 100% repeatable.

Am I to understand from your response that bugs which appear related to DLNA rendering are not a priority for JRiver to fix?

Thanks.

blgentry

I don't know JRiver's internal workings.  I'm just a customer like you.

It's simply my observation that DLNA doesn't work very consistently.  You'd be well served to change your paradigm in your system to include a computer at your main listening area.

Brian.

macdonjh

I'm having trouble with getting my "last played" information updated as well.  I'd like to have the "last played" information updated when I synch files to my portable.  I noticed that it doesn't automatically update.  So when I create a list to synch, I high light all the files that are being copied and go to Tools -> Library Tools -> Mark Tracks as Played and even that doesn't work.  How do I get my tracks updated?

Also, I don't have proof, but I don't think that tracks being played directly through MC to my DAC and stereo are getting their "last played" tag updated.  Is there a software switch I need to set?
Pages: [1]   Go Up