INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing films with new rips a.k.a. Updating the database  (Read 1386 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Replacing films with new rips a.k.a. Updating the database
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:15:44 am »

Hi,

I am about to update a number of DVD film rips with new Blueray ones and would like the info that is stored in the database to remain the same (watched status; date last viewed; number of viewings).

Is there an easy way to manage this and if so how would I go about it?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Replacing films with new rips a.k.a. Updating the database
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:24:02 am »

Two ways that I do this:
If the new file has a different name and/or extension. Do a "copy"/"paste tags" in MC. Delete the old file.

If the new file has the same name/extension (you can make this match first using the rename feature in MC even if they were originally different):
  • On your system, replace the original file with the new file.
  • In MC run 'update tags from library' to write the information from the library in to the new file.
  • In MC run 'update library from tags' to update MC with the new files metadata (video and audio details, etc.).
  • In MC run analyze audio on the files, use the option to force a re-analysis since MC will think it has already analyzed that file.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Replacing films with new rips a.k.a. Updating the database
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:53:07 am »

Thank you, that seems to do the trick, but it looks as if every individual file needs to be done separately, which is a pity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up