INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Not Accessing Internet  (Read 1236 times)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Not Accessing Internet
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:41:19 pm »

My friend has a strange problem going on....

Let me preface this to say it seems this started AFTER he got a new Spectrum (Brighthouse) modem/router upgrade. His prior setup included his own wifi router that I set up for him, with the cable modem just furnishing a straight (bridged) internet connection. With this new setup the cable modem performs the wifi and router functions.

The pc (Win 8.1, clean OS) is set up on his lanai, with a network cable for internet plugged into a wireless router set up as a repeater for the cable modem wifi (no hardwire to cable router), with all files on local drives. On two occasions I have been able to use JRemote on the server for a limited time, about an hour maybe, then access is stopped without warning and at the same time Theater View stops pulling images from the internet. During this time the pc accesses internet just fine.

Hard reboots, etc. do not help. At that point JRiver can't get to the internet, but the pc it resides on can run browsers fine.

Could this be related to the cable modem/router blocking access by JRiver, or Windows Firewall? I suggested re-configuring the network like the previous setup, so he can control his own router and network, but he says "It works just fine". To me it's far from it, I really feel helpless when I can't get into the network to see what is going on.

Suggestions? Does JRiver use a "port" for accessing the internet that the cable router isn't passing? Maybe back up the library, do a complete uninstall/reinstall?

As an aside/unrelated issue, I have not been able to connect to the new Spectrum wifi with my Dell laptop running Win 8.1, it seems like it tried too many times and now the router is locking me out (don't know if this is possible). I can connect with my phone, and others have with phones as well.

Thanks....

Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up