INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre view wont show folder name if only one folder exists  (Read 1971 times)

svtcontour

• Recent member
Theatre view wont show folder name if only one folder exists
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:46:12 pm »

So I've got a problem but cant seem to find a solution so maybe someone here can help.

I've arranged my music in folders.  Artist > CD > Songs
I've set up theatre view to allow me to browse the folder structure.

So lets say in my Daft Punk folder, I only have one sub folder called "discovery" and in there are the songs for discovery, it will not show me the folder Discovery when I go into the Daft Punk folder. It will automatically list the tracks.

Say now inside Daft Punk, I have a second folder "Homework". Well now when I go into the Daft Punk folder in theatre view, I will see both folders, and I'll choose which folder then to go into.

So while it may make sense to not have to make me choose to go into a folder if its the only folder, I may still want to see what that folder is called. 

Is there a way to stop this behavior? I want always to see the folders even if its only the one folder. I don't want it to go directly into it or automatically list the contents. Any suggestions?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre view wont show folder name if only one folder exists
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:01:59 am »

One solution is to use metadata instead of folder structures.  MC is optimized for browsing via metadata.  Do your files have Artist, Album, etc tags?  If so, just use those instead.  They are generally a more powerful and easy way to browse and search for music.

Brian.

svtcontour

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:09:27 am »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately 3/4 of the files are WAV which from what I understand have no support for metadata :-(

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:41:22 pm »

MC stores it's own metadata, as well as reading it from files.  Even if the WAVs themselves don't have metadata, you can add it to MC.  You can use "fill properties from filename" to extract a lot of info from the folder and file names.

One of the many reasons I use and recommend FLAC files is that they have full support for metadata and are lossless, just like WAV.

Good luck to you.  I have a feeling my suggestion isn't going to help you much, based on this new information.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up