INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Screen Resolution  (Read 2384 times)

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Theater View Screen Resolution
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:55:26 am »

Sometimes the screen resolution for Theater View switches to 1024x768.  This occurs when an album or playlist stops, when display view exits, or sometimes when JRiver first starts after boot up of the HTPC.  I can't find a pattern to it.  Sometimes it won't happen for weeks, and then other times it will happen multiple times per day for several days.  I don't think it's version specific, since this has been happening off and on for at least 6 months.  When it goes away for longer durations I just assume it fixed itself since I use the HTPC every day, but then it comes back a couple weeks later.

To fix the resolution I just start and stop any video, then Theater View is back to it's normal 1920x1080.  Whether it's 60p or 24p depends on the last video played.

ROHQ or standard doesn't matter, and neither does any of the video automatic change mode settings.

Windows 10 with Intel HD4600 graphics.

Has anyone else seen this happen?  Any ideas on how to always force Theater View to use a specific resolution?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View Screen Resolution
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:00:55 am »

Is it connected via HDMI?

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:11:41 am »

Is it connected via HDMI?

Yes, HDMI to an Onkyo AVR and then Panasonic Plasma.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:28:05 pm »

I might have figured this out.

Under "Options, Tree & View, Full Screen (Display View, Theater View, etc.)", Resolution was set to "Desktop Settings".  I changed it to 1920x1080x32x60 and so far, so good.  It seems to work to force Theater View to the desired resolution.  Never noticed this option before.

I'm guessing HDMI handshaking is occasionally messing up the desktop resolution, but this setting seems to prevent it from happening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up