INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hangups in user interface in client-server setup  (Read 854 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Hangups in user interface in client-server setup
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:47:03 am »

I don’t know if this is helpful for the devs or the users, but I will tell about my problems and the solution. I have had problems with the client-server-setup where the client in irregular intervals had a hangup of the user-interface, and the program didn’t respond. It could last as long as 30-60 seconds. It seemed to happen more often in connection with track-changes. The problem was there when all AV was turned off, the network is cabled and fast, and persisted on several machines, both when changing clients or the server machine. I think I have found the cause (although I am unsure what the root mechanism is) in my system. The system is part of a domain, when the computers are in a domain, the domain-controller also usually works as a DNS-server. This was also the case here. However the router did not point to the DNS-server on the domain-controller, but the ISPs external DNS. This didn’t cause any noticeable problems with other software, but it seems to be problematic for MC. Somehow the program responds poorly to misconfigured DNS-setups, maybe my case is to exotic to be of help, but nevertheless I have posted it in case it can be of use to someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up