INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music library disappeared  (Read 6407 times)

imtrying2

• Recent member
Music library disappeared
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:19:23 pm »

I tried to use my Id last night and could not connect through JRemote on Ipad or Iphone.
I connected mouse, keyboard and HDMI cable to investigate MC20 on the Id. When I clicked on the artist and album tabs, it shows nothing. Where the album thumbnails are normally displayed, it says there are no files.
My music library is called "Main Library" , when I click on manage library it says that its already loaded yet it doesn't show up. When I look for the files on my PC through my network, they are all there under Id/internal storage/media.
Help please! Not sure where to start, thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music library disappeared
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:50:03 am »

Try setting up auto import.  Tools > Import.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:38 am »

I'm not trying to import files, I'm trying to display 8,000+ files that are already stored on the Id. When I tried sending a file to the Id, it asked if I wanted to replace the same existing file. So they are there.
Network/Id-CO3F..../internal storage/media confirms files are there.
Sorry for not being tech savvy in regards to this matter, all I know is things where working fine for over a year (I did system updates, added files to library and made purchases from HDTracks) and now it will not work.
Any help will be greatly appeciated, thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:04:50 am »

You probably need to import the files.  You could read about it on the wiki.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:37:59 pm »

So delete the existing library and REINSTALL the new one? I have read wiki and didn't read "getting started " because I've been using it for almost 2 years.
Will this also solve connection issues with JRemote?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 02:30:05 pm »

So delete the existing library and REINSTALL the new one? I have read wiki and didn't read "getting started " because I've been using it for almost 2 years.
Will this also solve connection issues with JRemote?
There are rotated library backups. You can restore them by doing
File->Library->Restore Library ...
The path shown should be:
/home/media/Documents/JRiver/Media Center 20/Library Backups/
Pick one from a date before your library disappeared.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 03:01:33 pm »

Yep, I tried that on Sunday, unsuccessful. I'll try it again after work tonight. Thanks

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:22:40 am »

i tried restoring, renaming and sending new files to the Id. Nothing worked. I ripped a new cd and it gets sent to a folder on the Id. When I looked for it on my PC.... Computer/Network/Id-CO3FD..../internal storage/media... it says its there but when I look at the MC20 on the Id itself it says "There are no files". This is becoming very frustrating.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:36:17 am »

You need to set up auto import on the Id.  Tools > Import .

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:06:52 am »

You need to set up auto import on the Id.  Tools > Import .
Sorry for the trouble.
Can you check to see if the Auto Import Jim mentioned is setup?
It should include the system Music and Video folders.
/home/media/Music for example.

If it doesn't exist, it sounds like the Id lost it's settings files somehow.
We can work through this one step at a time.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:03 am »

Something is missing, when I access music files through my PC, they are all there
My Computer/Network/Id/Media/Internal Storage
When I try to access or set auto import on the Id, there is no internal storage file available. I ran auto import on Home/Media and 0 files where imported.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 11:53:12 am »

Sorry, not media/internal storage, internal storage/media. There are no music files under the media folder on the Id.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 11:55:52 am »

It looks like the link to the InternalStorage from the /home/media directory is missing.

There are two ways to deal with this.
1) Change the auto import to /export/media
2) Run the repair stick and reinstall the firmware.

The advantage to 1 is that it's easy though you'll probably need to re-enter your license as well.

The advantage to 2 is that if you have a good library backup you'll be able to use it after you reinstall the firmware. (I'd copy the library backup off of the Id before restoring the firmware, you can do that by loading a good one and doing a manual backup to the export/media partition and copying it to a PC).

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »

Let's go with easy!! I have original paperwork email from when I ordered the Id, so I should have license # and have entire library on an external USB drive connected to my PC. Please LMK what you think is best, thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »

Let's go with easy!! I have original paperwork email from when I ordered the Id, so I should have license # and have entire library on an external USB drive connected to my PC. Please LMK what you think is best, thanks
Ok, just go ahead and change the auto-import directory to /export/media and see if it finds your files.
If everything looks ok, reenter the license from the help menu if necessary

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:36 pm »

I'm not exactly sure where to change that at. I'm at work now, if you could tell me where to change it exactly,I'll try it when I get home. Thank you very much.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:30 pm »

I'm not exactly sure where to change that at. I'm at work now, if you could tell me where to change it exactly,I'll try it when I get home. Thank you very much.
Import is at
Tools->Import->Configure Auto Import
License is under the help menu.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:27:41 pm »

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I'll try it when I get home thanks again.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 10:58:07 am »

Progress!!! Music files have come back, thank you.
3 issues....
1. For some reason, playback would stop and settings in DSP Studio would reset. After several reloads of my saved settings, that seems to have calmed down.
2. While thumbnails were being restored, MC shut off and now a lot of them are missing.
3. I can't connect with JRemote.
 I've been pecking away at restoring cover art, having trouble with the JRemote.
Thanks for any help

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 12:21:06 pm »

Progress!!! Music files have come back, thank you.
3 issues....
1. For some reason, playback would stop and settings in DSP Studio would reset. After several reloads of my saved settings, that seems to have calmed down.
2. While thumbnails were being restored, MC shut off and now a lot of them are missing.
3. I can't connect with JRemote.
 I've been pecking away at restoring cover art, having trouble with the JRemote.
Thanks for any help
Set the cover art thumbnailing threading to low priority and regenerate them.
Check in Media Network settings to see if there is an access key. I suspect there is not. If that is the case click to get one. It might be different from the original, if it is, enter the new one in JRemote and delete the old one in JRemote.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 02:19:16 pm »

You know that, more than likely, I'm going to be asking you where to find these, right? Lol

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 02:25:39 pm »

You know that, more than likely, I'm going to be asking you where to find these, right? Lol
It took me a while to find out that one can open the options dialog and use the search box at the bottom to find stuff!

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 02:40:36 pm »

Well Bob, I have mostly been up and running but I still have one issue.
JRemote on iPad doesn't always connect. I put in the access code, all good there. It seems fine when the Id has HDMI, keyboard and mouse hooked up but won't connect when they are not.
Do I need to use option 2 headless text from the main menu? I've looked and can't seem to find anything on this, thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 02:10:48 pm »

Well Bob, I have mostly been up and running but I still have one issue.
JRemote on iPad doesn't always connect. I put in the access code, all good there. It seems fine when the Id has HDMI, keyboard and mouse hooked up but won't connect when they are not.
Do I need to use option 2 headless text from the main menu? I've looked and can't seem to find anything on this, thanks.
Yes, Option 2 is for running without a monitor attached.
It will come up in text mode so you can attach a monitor to it to see the main menu.
You can also still connect to it with VPN or Remote desktop to manage it.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »

I tried headless text it didn't help me. So I then tried text with HDMI initialization, option 3, in an attempt to get the display back. I then tried option 77 on the main menu, revert to default settings (HDMI, no library)and that didn't bring it back. I have also lost the access key, it no longer appears on the menu. I am completely locked out of it don't know what to do. I need to get display back through HDMI to start.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 09:29:12 pm »

Check your cables.  Power cycle both the Id and the display.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 10:49:41 am »

Cables are fine, main menu only appears on tv. MC doesn't. I don't know how to get MC displayed on TV again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 03:44:27 pm »

Try choosing "GUI" from the text menu.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 10:05:11 am »

Cables are fine, main menu only appears on tv. MC doesn't. I don't know how to get MC displayed on TV again.
I'm not sure what's going on here.
You can use the repair/restore image to reinstall the boot (there is a boot fix option) which might fix your video issue.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.0.html

At this point, I think you should use the restore image to reinstall the firmware. There are no settings to preserve so you probably shouldn't choose that option.
If you can get at it with remote desktop or VPN, first copy the library backups to the share and copy it from there to your PC/Mac so you can get the library back after reinstalling the firmware. The reinstall doesn't format your storage partition by default but you should make sure there is nothing on it that doesn't have a copy elsewhere just in case.

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 10:31:36 am »

Update:  everything has been working fine except for a licensing issue. When I first turn on music center the trial period screen comes up.  I have my original registration code and I enter it where I'm supposed to, it says successfully installed, and yet the next time I turn it on it still says I'm in the trial period.
 I've gone  to the download page, double clicked the download or tried right clicking the download and nothing happens.
 I have also entered the registration code on the license restored page it says successfully installed and yet it still says I have X number of days in the trial period.
 I'm not sure what to do next since I'm down to one day left in my trial period.
Thank you.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 11:42:55 am »

Update:  everything has been working fine except for a licensing issue. When I first turn on music center the trial period screen comes up.  I have my original registration code and I enter it where I'm supposed to, it says successfully installed, and yet the next time I turn it on it still says I'm in the trial period.
 I've gone  to the download page, double clicked the download or tried right clicking the download and nothing happens.
 I have also entered the registration code on the license restored page it says successfully installed and yet it still says I have X number of days in the trial period.
 I'm not sure what to do next since I'm down to one day left in my trial period.
Thank you.
Sending you a PM...
Pages: [1]   Go Up