INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate entries after migration  (Read 1091 times)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
Duplicate entries after migration
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:12:48 am »

Hi all.
I was running MC22 on a windows machine with direct-attached storage. I had two other clients that streamed from this machine. Everything was ok.

I recently installed MC22 on one of my servers. My migration technique probably wasn't ideal.
The tv/movie files were copied from the DAS to a QNAP which the new server has access to.
I then backed up the library database from my initial machine and re-imported it to the server.
After I had imported it, I then mass-changed the paths (as they were now broken) to the correct location on the QNAP.
The (old) server and the two clients were then pointed at the new server.

Both clients work fine. I can watch films/tv/etc and everything is normal.

On the old server. Once I have watched an episode of something, all my entries are doubled. Not only for that show, but for every show I go in to.
Any new episodes downloaded post-migration are not doubled.
It's almost like the (old) server is remembering from its' original library.

To double check, I unloaded the new library (of the new server), loaded the original library and then cleared it.
I then re-connected the (old) server to the new one.
I also deleted and re-created all JRSidecar files (as they still had the drive mapping of the original server).

If I close and re-open JR on the (old) server, it connects to the new server perfectly fine and shows one entry of everything.
It is only when I watch an episode of something that this re-occurs.

I'm sure it is probably just a setting or something that I've not un-set or haven't configured, but it is driving me nuts! :-)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Duplicate entries after migration
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:27:42 pm »

Just as an update.
I restarted my client this morning before going to work.
Upon coming home the entries had duplicated again, without playing any episodes.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :-)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:35:29 pm »

So I think I've just figured it out  :-[ :-[
On the client, I went to shows and saw that the entries were still pointing to local files.
I had left auto-import checked and configured!

I've removed the settings and will see if that resolves the situation.

What a plonker....

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »

The Client should be getting its Library from the Server and not importing on its own.
The Server imports the media data from wherever you store it (internally, NAS, etc.). But only the Server imports data.

On the Server you would go to Tools>Options>Media Network check the box for
Use Media Network to share this library". That process creates a code (access key).

Then you go to the Client machines and in Standard View>Playing Now>Add Library where you then enter the code (access key).

This method requires that the Server be turned on and accessible through your home network when ever you want to use a Client. If you don't mind having the Server on all the time, this is the preferred setup . IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up