INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching Movies to a Second Display  (Read 2088 times)

antozac

• Recent member
Switching Movies to a Second Display
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:09:44 am »

Hi MC Team,

I have a Mac mini with 2 displays, in fact one of them is a projector connected to the HDMI port. I normally use MC in the main display as I don't use the projector all the time, except to watch movies.

Is there a way to play the movie in the projector, keeping the MC window in my regular display? it is not practical to drag the MC window to the second display (projector) and then get the movie in full screen every time I want to watch a movie.

I would love to get the movie in full screen in the projector when I click display view and not in the display that the MC window is. Is it possible?

Thanks

Antonio

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Swiching Movies to a Second Display
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:37 am »

Have you tried

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Full Screen (Display View, Theater View, etc.)

I haven't had a need for it, so haven't tried it, but it may work for you.

stewart_pk

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »

Can you just output one display at a time instead of both? I did a similar thing with a Windows machine switching between a TV and a projector using [Windows P] keys to switch between them.

antozac

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:39 pm »

Can you just output one display at a time instead of both? I did a similar thing with a Windows machine switching between a TV and a projector using [Windows P] keys to switch between them.

Thanks stewart_pk, do you mean [windows P] is a shortcut in windows, I haven't been able to find what are the shortcuts for Mac, any hint?

antozac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:52:54 pm »

Have you tried

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Full Screen (Display View, Theater View, etc.)

I haven't had a need for it, so haven't tried it, but it may work for you.

Thanks, the only option I have there is to check or uncheck "Monitor" I am not sure what it does and every time I comeback to options it remains checked, no matter how I leave it the last time.  The fact is there is no effect on switching to the projector.

stewart_pk

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 06:54:39 pm »

Thanks stewart_pk, do you mean [windows P] is a shortcut in windows, I haven't been able to find what are the shortcuts for Mac, any hint?

Yeah that's what I meant the [Windows] key held down and followed by [P]. Sorry I don't know anything about Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up