INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with dual display and multiple audio devices  (Read 2428 times)

aarsoe

• Recent member
Help with dual display and multiple audio devices
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:49:55 am »

Hi

I hope that I am posting this question the right place. Have been using JRiver MediaCenter for a long time, but only recently have I begun to push the envelope.
My setup consist of a Intel NUC connected to two displays - the first being an ACER 23" multi-touch monitor (10 simultaneous inputs) and the second being my Epson EMP 9200 Projector. Audio devices are 1: Default Audio Device (Direct Sound), 2: Acer Monitor, 3: Audioquest Dragonfly Red, 4: Classé SPP-800 (Not always present - but see later in description).
The rest of my setup is based on separate two channel setup and separate multi-channel setup. The way that is achieved is by having a two channel pre-amp (Classé CP-700) and then a processor (Classé SSP-800).
When listening to two channel I only turn on my two channel pre-amp and matching power-amp and when watching movies I turn on my processor and multiple extra power-amps.

So my challenges - that I have searched extensively, looking for a solution - are as follow:

1: When playing Audio files I would like the Audio device to be the Audioquest Dragonfly. That is easy to setup, but when I then play a media file containing multiple channels I get a warning and have to manually select my surround processor. When I then turn that off again, the device disappears and it defaults back to Direct Sound as two channel audio device.
A flipside to the same issue is that there is no automatic selection of my processor when playing video/BD/DVD files.
Is there a way to ensure that all two channel audio is going through my Dragonfly and all my video is routed through my HDMI output? I have not been able to select an input that is not always present...

2: When watching a movie I have yet to find a way so that the control display either goes total dark or switches off in order not to act as a bright light and annoy the ##&%% out of me. So far my best work around is detached display and then a towel over the Acer screen - but not really a good looking solution..
I did find an old discussion about ensuring that you could dim the background more that 60% but I cannot see that this was ever implemented.
A screen saver works on both screens or none - no way I have found to only work on one of them at the time.

I really hope someone can help me as these issues are all that (sofar) is holding this back from being a perfect experience..
Thank you in advance...

Anders

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Help with dual display and multiple audio devices
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:51:46 am »

Hello aarsoe (Anders) and welcome to Interact where you will find Gurus to help ya when your in a pinch.

It's All about ZONES....

have a look here....have fun

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

patrick

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

aarsoe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:22 pm »

Hi Patrick

Thanks - will play around with zones. However I still feel that it should be possible to select different audio devices based on what is being played.
Any ideas on the blackout of the screen issue?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:38:08 pm »

Hi Patrick

Thanks - will play around with zones. However I still feel that it should be possible to select different audio devices based on what is being played.

That's exactly what ZoneSwitch is for. Read the whole page that Patrick linked.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:35 pm »

Hi Patrick

If the acer screen is a laptop just change the power setting to do nothing when you close the lid....if not a laptop can't you just turn it off. if it is used for sound with hdmi then I have nothing....

can you use toslink for sound thus being able to turn off the screen....

patrick
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up