INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade From 21 For Upgrade Price?  (Read 2213 times)

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Upgrade From 21 For Upgrade Price?
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:50:16 am »

Just noticed DSP Studio VST plugin's can't be added to MC21 as a bug even though it is an advertised feature of that version.  I never needed to add one before but I do now as I am using Sonarworks plugins.  MC22 fixes this bug.  Is it possible to upgrade to 22 at the upgrade price as had I known this doesn't work I would have surely upgraded when it was discounted to $20?

If not I may just purchase their systemwide app and skip the upgrade until MC23 since it seems it should be coming out in not too long.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Upgrade From 21 For Upgrade Price?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can add plugins to MC21>in dsp settings down towards the bottom you will find manage plugins choose the Add JRiver, VST, Winamp> then just brouse to the plugin you wish to install....

patrick
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can add plugins to MC21>in dsp settings down towards the bottom you will find manage plugins choose the Add JRiver, VST, Winamp> then just brouse to the plugin you wish to install....

patrick

i tried that and it turns out it simply does not work.  and after seeing that i went to the MC22 page and see that this is announced as a bug in MC21 and was fixed in the first issue of MC22.  well that's all good but here i am without an option to get that fix for a feature that was presumably paid for in my MC21 license. It just doesn't seem right not to be allowed to upgrade at the discounted rate to get a fix for a feature i had expected to have already bought in MC21 and just never needed to use until now.

i would be ok also with an older version of MC21 if that works still but don't know when this feature was broken or where the old downloads are for that.  would at least appreciate a link to a version of MC21 that does indeed work to add plugins.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:06:26 pm »

most any version of MC21 is available for download. you would need to search the MC21 forum then read the fixes to find the version you need. TIP* just scroll threw that forum looking for the padlock for old builds. or you can wait for MC23 in july or august buy it soon enough and that key would be good for MC22 also...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,43.0.html
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:55 pm »

upgrade pricing is 26.98 if you get in early it can be as low as 20.00 not a big difference

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:40:34 am »

Version fix lists do not show when they broke it only when they fixed it which is the first version of 22.

It isn't showing me upgrade pricing, only full price.

Not a big deal anymore as I got Sonarworks Systemwide working so I no longer need to add a VST.  I will just wait for 23.  I do like the new dark UI that more closely matches the macOS style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up