INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail naming  (Read 789 times)

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thumbnail naming
« on: July 17, 2003, 07:28:41 am »

Ok I've been using MC to organise scans and digital photos for a while now and have decided to create custom fields for photo album name, photo name etc under display in properties rather than using the album and artist fields under general. The problem is that in moving album and artist to new fields the thumbnail text has disapeared because thumbnail text is based on album and artist not my custom fields. I've looked around but can't find an option to change the naming convention. If such an option doesn't exist it would be nice to be able to set a thumbnail naming convention based on the media type.

MC has come along in leaps and bounds but i do feel that there does need to be some work done on meeting the needs of the individual media types.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Thumbnail naming
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 11:06:08 pm »

Yep,

That's by design. According to the List Style (View/List Style) the thumbnail text is :
1/ Taken from the default field 'Name' when in 'Thumnails' List Style
2/ Taken from the default field 'Album' when in 'Album Thumbnails" List Style.

If you use custom fields for naming your albums and picture they wont display. But you can alway use the command 'Tools/Library Tools/Move-Copy Field' to Copy (duplicate) the content of your custom album and name fields to the default Name & Album fields. I know you will have duplicate fields in your database but BTW why do you need to set up specific fields for Album & Name for photos ?
I do organize my Photo and Music using the same Name & Album fields but I created custom fields for properties specifics to images and/or music. (e.g. Caption, Label, Shot conditions etc..)

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up