INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD DLNA bitstream to Marantz receiver not working  (Read 3975 times)

lcfpimentel

DSD DLNA bitstream to Marantz receiver not working
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »

I can not make work bitstreaming DSD to Marantz SR7009 AV receiver without downsampling conversion.

Have success with several other common DLNA server softwares (Kodi, Twonky)...

Already tried so many differents DLNA configurations.

I actually have the Marantz SR7009 receiver playing DSD files from pen drives, Marantz UD7007 Bluray player and other DLNA servers, not with MC 22.0.54.

It is configured fo Audiophile 24bit-DAC, bitstream DSD (DoPE compliant renderer), Audio mode: Original, Format: PCM 24 bit

Any ideas??

kvothe

• Recent member
Re: DSD DLNA bitstream to Marantz receiver not working
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:48:30 pm »

I had to use the following settings to get it to work on my AV8802a (see attached screenshots).

lcfpimentel

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:49:34 pm »

Thank you very much for your help!

I finally could make it work after spending probably more than 100 hours trying every single combination of settings and forum searching...

I was using the "Bitstream DSD over Dope" setting since all tutorials I found gave that orientation.

The only thing I still can not make work now is send the music straight through MC. I have to access the library from the receiver default GUI.

Every time I tried to send the music from MC (push) the result is a giant album art and no sound at all.

Do you have the same behavior?

kvothe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:08:15 pm »

I had once experienced the "album art only" issue, but can't recall how I got around it other than to power off then on my av8802.

Yeah, using the Marantz UI to "pull" from JRiver is not fun (ugly UI).

Try these methods:

1) In Media Center app, do you see your Marantz listed in the "Playing Now" section, on the left?
If so, click it to select it. Now you can:
1a) Use the "Play Doctor" on the right to find things to play on your Marantz, or
1b) Drag files to the Marantz item under Playing Now in the upper left. How? Well, try using the "Audio" or "Playlists" sections in that same left pane to find some music, then drag the items to the "Marantz" item in the upper left. It should start playing there.

Or...

2) Use the built-in Gizmo web app. On the computer running JRiver, just hit this in your browser:
http://localhost:52199/Gizmo/library.html
It may take you to a getting started screen, or it'll just say at the top "Home" and something like "Playing here (click to change)". Tap or click that to get to a list that shows your zones, including your Marantz. Choose the Marantz on that screen to target it. Now when you use the web UI it'll play songs to the Marantz. The web ui lets you brows playlists, search, etc. Just tap a track or "Play All" on a given screen to start playing.

Both options are far less ugly than the Marantz built in screen!

Good luck and let me know if you run into trouble.

kvothe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 11:01:36 pm »

The only thing I still can not make work now is send the music straight through MC. I have to access the library from the receiver default GUI.

Every time I tried to send the music from MC (push) the result is a giant album art and no sound at all.

Holy cow. This started happening to me too (or it was and I failed to notice, or I changed my settings).

The good news is, you just need to uncheck the "DLNAExtra" checkbox, under Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> ...Add or configure DLNA Servers... -> Advanced (the bottom Advanced that is).

In other words, only have the "DLNA" checkbox above it checked.

Then, you can play from MC instead of just pulling from the AV8802!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

Some devices that work fine in a "pull" mode do not work correctly in a "push" mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up